Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schtibbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
Dunno if this is because of changes in 6.0.1 or what. I have iphone 5. Up until very recently, I could go into settings/general/about/diagnostics and usage and I could see all kinds of logs. Low memory logs, occasional crash logs, log-aggregated files showing interesting info, etc. NOW. All I see are awdd files and siri logs. All others are missing and it doesn't matter what time of day I check, I still find none.

Not that it matters. Just curious. I wonder if apple grabs those logs more real-time now OR they are no longer user visible.

Schtibbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
I think they removed this in 6.0.1

Why would they have removed user visibility into the logs that always WERE visible in that menu? That wasn't listed on the 6.0.1 change list, nor was it listed on the security content of 6.0.1. It must've been super important for them to hide those logs if they put that in a dot dot release..

Schtibbie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
The logs are cleared out periodically.

It's probably just the case that nothing has been logged!

I doubt it. I used to be able to start a ton of apps (For example) and then go to the diagnostics and see a brand new log in there LowMemorywhatever... And I'd know in that case that it had jettisoned whatever oldest app i'd been running.

NOW (with 6.0.1), I cannot see those logs. It's as if there's a filter on the "folder" such that I can only see awdd logs and Siri. But *not* log-aggregated, CrashReport, LowMemory, etc.. Either that, or those types are now immediately uploaded to Apple via cellular and nuked.

Or: my phone is the only one doing this. :)

sohaloh

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2012
London, Ontario
I doubt it. I used to be able to start a ton of apps (For example) and then go to the diagnostics and see a brand new log in there LowMemorywhatever... And I'd know in that case that it had jettisoned whatever oldest app i'd been running.

NOW (with 6.0.1), I cannot see those logs. It's as if there's a filter on the "folder" such that I can only see awdd logs and Siri. But *not* log-aggregated, CrashReport, LowMemory, etc.. Either that, or those types are now immediately uploaded to Apple via cellular and nuked.

Or: my phone is the only one doing this. :)

I still get those logs on the 4S. If you're using an iPhone 5 maybe your RAM is enough that it doesnt have low memory. Personally i'd be less worried that my apps aren't crashing all the time.

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
iPhone5/6.0.1
I see crash reports, etc in there (and a lot of Siri entries).
I'm guessing you just need to give it some time to make entries on its own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.