Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:47 AM   #1
lyngo
macrumors regular

MacBook Air w iPad mini or Mac Mini w iPad 4

I'm in a unique situation. About 90% to 95% of my workflow can be done on an iPad along with a keyboard. Currently, I use a Logitech ultrathin keyboard cover. I love it. I love the set up and I love how everything is working out. For the other 5% of the time, I need to depend on the family Mac mini or the wife's MacBook Pro (wow is that heavy by comparison now!).

I've stumbled on a craigslist ad for a year old, last generation MacBook Air 11" with 4 GB of RAM and a 128 GB solid state drive. He's asking $600 for it and seems pretty genuine and legit. I am still within my 30 days to be able to return my iPad 4 and keyboard and basically 'exchange' it for the cost of purchasing this mini. My old regret would be that I actually need the iPad for some public speaking events I do with the non profit that I work for.

Anyways, all this being said. What would you do? Would you do the combo that I currently have with the family Mac mini partnered with the iPad set up that I have or would you go with purchasing a MacBook Air and later on get an iPad mini. I also have an iPhone, so I don't want to overkill it if you know what I mean.

The thing that I don't like is the whole idea of purchasing someone else's technology and wondering how they or if they even cared for it. Make sense? Anyways, I await your thoughts and wonder what you would do in this case. Thanks again!
lyngo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:59 PM   #2
simply stunning
macrumors regular

I would go for the Ipad mini and a macbook air. I currently use my 2011 macbook air 13" all the time when at work, and then my Ipad when I'm out at meetings and so on. If I had to choose one or the other it would be the air hands down. It is a pleasure to use.

Then later on you can get another iPad/ipad mini.
simply stunning is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:13 PM   #3
Hakone
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply stunning View Post
I would go for the Ipad mini and a macbook air. I currently use my 2011 macbook air 13" all the time when at work, and then my Ipad when I'm out at meetings and so on. If I had to choose one or the other it would be the air hands down. It is a pleasure to use.

Then later on you can get another iPad/ipad mini.
I concur. The air just is just a nice and easy one stop shop especially on the go. If I were to just have one computer, it'd be the air. Even specced 'low' it's still very reliable for productivity.

Good luck w/ what you choose.
Hakone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad