Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nynyapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
For those in NYC who will be searching around NYC for an iPad Mini LTE please post success/failure stories here.

Currently:

9:30am Grand Central store - sold out limited shipment. Will be available to order tonight at 10pm online as they expect more shipments tomorrow

10:15am 5th Avenue Store - SOLD OUT as well. i heard a few different stories. I called the store before walking over and was told they didn't receive any in stock, however when i came into the store, i was told they sold out quickly this morning.

11am Soho Store - called store, they did not have any in stock. Possible they will get a shipment at some point today (i'm speculating)

Does anybody have any feedback?

Jades

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
Ipad mini lte or just wifi only?
As far as I know the lte ones won't even be in stores till next Wednesday
Maybe the reps thought you were talking about wifi version of it

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I went to 66th street store and was first in line and they said they didnt have any. Eeek this is a mess.

FYI, i too went to the 5th ave apple store and there were none left. Even though all night they were telling me they had them.

nynyapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
Adonis, same thing happened to me, they told me last night they would have them and even went as far as to say they don't expect any lines. I think the trick is to order tonight at 10pm for store pick up which is what i think most of them are advising

gear02

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2004
I was at the 5th ave today and snagged a Verizon LTE mini. I got there at 6am and told me they were starting to sell at 8am. They said they weren't expecting a line, but a line formed anyway. By 8 there was at least 30 people in line. When I got mine (I was 3rd in line) unasked how many they had and they said not many

nynyapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
you have to wonder if the $1.5million worth of iPad mini's stolen from the airport yesterday has anything to do with the shortage. at that amount that's roughly 3,000 less ipad mini's you would think that it's depletes each store in the city by 200-300 per model.

Will be trying to stop by 5th avenue store tonight to see if they receive another shipment

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
you have to wonder if the $1.5million worth of iPad mini's stolen from the airport yesterday has anything to do with the shortage. at that amount that's roughly 3,000 less ipad mini's you would think that it's depletes each store in the city by 200-300 per model.

Will be trying to stop by 5th avenue store tonight to see if they receive another shipment

Wow they stole the entire shipment of iPads that wouldve been used to sell to us.

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
SoHo has AT&T White LTE models, Verizon White and Black, and WiFi ones as well. As of this writing!

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Yeah i wanted a white iPad mini with lte but they ran out of att white just as I was arriving. I got a black one instead. I really had a preference for the white. Im gonna take it back tomorrow if they have the white.

nynyapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
Went online last night at 10 to RSVP. Like everyone I was unable to. I tried from the apple store app and had the same issue. Almost fell asleep and decided to try again, was able to reserve one at grand central around 1am. Picked it up this morning. Black 16gb VZ LTE. Just activated it. Have to say I'm happy with it so far... I didn't realize how easy the typing on it would be either!

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
Here at SoHo store now. Can't believe there is STILL a line for the iPhone!

Got the 32gig black Verizon.

The white looks soooo girly....

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
The white is prettier. I really wanted a white one. Im tempted to take it back and get white this week but setting it up was such a hassle w att.

----------

Here at SoHo store now. Can't believe there is STILL a line for the iPhone!

Got the 32gig black Verizon.

The white looks soooo girly....

There was two lines at the uws store.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Im going to camp out at the apple store tonight. I want an att lte mini 16Gig. I couldnt find one anywhere and I went all over town. If Im unsuccessful tomorrow I will do in store pick up early on in the week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.