Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:45 AM   #1
likemyorbs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
Pro-life Tenn. GOP Congressman's Ex-Wife Had 2 Abortions

Another one bites the dust. How do these hypocrites sleep at night?

Quote:
Republican U.S. Rep. Scott DesJarlais testified during divorce proceedings that he and his former wife made a mutual decision for her to have two abortions, according to divorce transcripts released Thursday.
DesJarlais, who practiced medicine before going to Congress, easily won a second term in Tennessee's conservative 4th District despite previous revelations that he once urged a patient with whom he was having an affair to get an abortion.
On his campaign website, DesJarlais espoused an anti-abortion position, saying: "All life should be cherished and protected. We are pro-life."
DesJarlais' spokesman and campaign manager did not return messages seeking comment.
LINK
likemyorbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Ugg
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Ugg
Just another R hypocrite.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:37 PM   #3
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugg View Post
Just another R hypocrite.

So you have a problem with those against abortion except in cases of the mother's life in danger or I'm a Republican politician who would take the rights I exercise away from others? Your partisanship is showing.
rdowns is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:48 PM   #4
Ugg
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Ugg
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
So you have a problem with those against abortion except in cases of the mother's life in danger or I'm a Republican politician who would take the rights I exercise away from others? Your partisanship is showing.
At least they didn't have to board an abortion ship to get one.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:19 PM   #5
lannister80
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Both! One is socially regressive, the other is demagoguery.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:25 PM   #6
iJohnHenry
Banned

It all depends on who's pig baby is being gored aborted.
iJohnHenry is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:52 PM   #7
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

Quote:
So you have a problem with those against abortion except in cases of the mother's life in danger or I'm a Republican politician who would take the rights I exercise away from others?
That one.

I'd also suggest it's I'm a politician who'll espouse pro life values in order to get elected, when in reality I don't adhere to those values myself.

Politically expedient hypocrisy.
citizenzen is online now   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:31 AM   #8
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugg View Post
At least they didn't have to board an abortion ship to get one.
Thanks for that link.

Quote:
"But to practice abortion at sea, in international waters, is for me a way of circumventing the law and is something clandestine."
Well, no **** Sherlock. Just like gambling vessels, FM radio vessels, and the like.

You don't like the laws of a country, sail away from it, and into International Waters. Where the Captain is a god.

And these word mincers give me a pain in the ass. Something clandestine is a coat-hanger in a back room some where, not a big ****ing boat!!!
iJohnHenry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:50 AM   #9
Scepticalscribe
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenzen View Post
That one.

I'd also suggest it's I'm a politician who'll espouse pro life values in order to get elected, when in reality I don't adhere to those values myself.

Politically expedient hypocrisy.
Actually, I can even just about, (by gritting my teeth, closing my eyes, stoppering my ears....) tolerate the argument of political expediency here....After all, most of what passes for economic debate during an election campaign is political expediency of the crudest - and most incompetent - and economically illiterate - variety.

What I cannot stomach is a version of political expediency that takes the form of being "pro-life" or anti-abortion on a public platform - incidentally, a form of expediency which seeks to deny or remove the full rights as adult human beings of other citizens (namely, pregnant women), while at the same time, blithely behaving in a manner diametrically opposed to one's publicly (and invariably, loudly and intolerantly) expressed views.

In practice, what this means is that in public, such a creature denies women's rights on such matters, and even seeks to deny women a voice in having a say in determining whether or not they wish to remain pregnant. And, it also means that in private, this loathsome individual doesn't give two hoots about the foetus that he spends, and expends, so much energy, time, and effort defending against the vile world's threats. So, someone who seeks to legislate against women in public, while busily contriving to reconcile the sort of moral contortions no three dimensional model could begin to describe. What a disgusting hypocrite. What an utterly amoral creep.

The side bar box has a red-faced scowling icon which says it is 'mad'. "Mad" doesn't do justice to my feelings for this creep. Incandescent is more like it.

And, a brief note to his electorate: This guy merits rejection at the polls. Principles, ethics, morals, simple core values are all self-evidently absent. Just. Vote. Him. Out. Whenever the opportunity next presents itself, of course....

Last edited by Scepticalscribe; Nov 17, 2012 at 10:09 AM.
Scepticalscribe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:21 AM   #10
PracticalMac
macrumors 68020

Another example of Republicans demise.
PracticalMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues