[iPhone] SMS won't switch to iMessage anymore. - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:28 AM   #1
KidSqueek
macrumors newbie

Unhappy SMS won't switch to iMessage anymore.

I've been having this problem since upgrading to iOS 6 on my iPhone 4s. When I compose a new text message to someone with an iPhone with iMessage activated, it doesn't switch to iMessage automatically and sent it as a text message but when they reply, it's in iMessage. I'm assuming there is something wrong on my end. It happens all the time when I compose a new message to other iMessage users. My settings seem fine. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
KidSqueek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:37 PM   #2
RoboCop001
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSqueek View Post
I've been having this problem since upgrading to iOS 6 on my iPhone 4s. When I compose a new text message to someone with an iPhone with iMessage activated, it doesn't switch to iMessage automatically and sent it as a text message but when they reply, it's in iMessage. I'm assuming there is something wrong on my end. It happens all the time when I compose a new message to other iMessage users. My settings seem fine. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Hmm try turning off the "use SMS when iMessage is unavailable" setting. It's under the iMessage settings.
RoboCop001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:25 PM   #3
KidSqueek
macrumors newbie

Thanks! That actually helped. I also added my email address too. It's working fine now. Maybe I've had it off before and never noticed. I may have turned it on by accident when messing with the settings a while back.
KidSqueek is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6