Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Sogeo
macrumors newbie

Adding a gmail to 'mail'

Hello,

Everytime I try to add my gmail to the mail app, I get this:

Logging in to the Google IMAP server “imap.gmail.com” failed. Make sure the user name and password you entered are correct, then click Continue. If the information isn’t correct, you cannot receive messages.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I've tried some solutions on the internet but they didn't work.

(Yes, my IMAP is turned on)

One thing that my be important, I have set up a phone verification to log in to gmail. (I don't want to turn this off)

Thanks in advance,

Sogeo
Sogeo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help