Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:21 PM   #1
monaarts
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Cellular - Pickup in store

I called all the Apple stores in Atlanta earlier and 1 guy told me, "I can tell you when we can start selling them but I can recommend you try Apple.com tonight"... I've been watching the site with no mention of this at all until a few minutes ago...

You can order a cellular ipad mini from apple.com for in-store pickup tomorrow! I thought I would share for those looking to buy one this weekend!


- Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	apple.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	377740  
__________________
27" 2011 iMac | iPhone 5S | iPad mini LTE | 2 x TV 3
monaarts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:00 PM   #2
arom
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
How do you figure? The option is greyed out. You can't select it as an option, just yet...
arom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:01 PM   #3
iphone5att64
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arom View Post
How do you figure? The option is greyed out. You can't select it as an option, just yet...
Inventory updated nightly at 10 p.m.
__________________
10/26 11 AM: iPad 4 Black 64 GB AT&T. 11/14: Shipped. 11/20: Scheduled delivery. 11/16: In-store pickup. 11/19: Delivered. 1/5: Returned.
iphone5att64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:03 PM   #4
Baggio
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arom View Post
How do you figure? The option is greyed out. You can't select it as an option, just yet...
That's because it's not after 10 PM.

I would only expect Verizon or Sprint models to be available if anything is available at all. Something happened with the AT&T models and that's why those that ordered AT&T models haven't started receiving them like the people that ordered Verizon models.
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:04 PM   #5
shenan1982
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
The stores all got delivery today. Here in northern california, half the stores are selling them today, yet the stores closest to me (that I can easily get to) say not selling until tomorrow. I talked to 800-MY APPLE and they said there is no reason for them not to sell today as the "release day" was the 14th.

Another example of "the new apple" ... they better get their sh@#$ together or they're going to go down.
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:07 PM   #6
wrkactjob
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaarts View Post
I called all the Apple stores in Atlanta earlier and 1 guy told me, "I can tell you when we can start selling them but I can recommend you try Apple.com tonight"... I've been watching the site with no mention of this at all until a few minutes ago...

You can order a cellular ipad mini from apple.com for in-store pickup tomorrow! I thought I would share for those looking to buy one this weekend!


- Joe
Is it my eyes or does it say "Pick up: currently unavailable"?....how come you think that will change Joe?
wrkactjob is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:16 PM   #7
bidwalj
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenan1982 View Post
The stores all got delivery today. Here in northern california, half the stores are selling them today, yet the stores closest to me (that I can easily get to) say not selling until tomorrow. I talked to 800-MY APPLE and they said there is no reason for them not to sell today as the "release day" was the 14th.

Another example of "the new apple" ... they better get their sh@#$ together or they're going to go down.
Do you know what stores? Any in the Bay Area?
bidwalj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:18 PM   #8
arom
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidwalj View Post
Do you know what stores? Any in the Bay Area?

No store is selling the mini today, PERIOD. Tomorrow at the earliest is the consensus. Check online after 10pm tonight.
arom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:42 PM   #9
shenan1982
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by arom View Post
No store is selling the mini today, PERIOD. Tomorrow at the earliest is the consensus. Check online after 10pm tonight.
Hillsdale is selling them TODAY. Stop saying words like "period" ... it just makes you silly when you don't have first hand knowledge. I was just in there, they're selling them, they just didn't have the 64gb white ATT model, everything else they do.
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:47 PM   #10
bidwalj
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by arom View Post
No store is selling the mini today, PERIOD. Tomorrow at the earliest is the consensus. Check online after 10pm tonight.
Actually you are wrong. I called stoneridge mall and they are selling them. I'm picking up a Verizon mini right now
bidwalj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:00 PM   #11
shenan1982
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidwalj View Post
Actually you are wrong. I called stoneridge mall and they are selling them. I'm picking up a Verizon mini right now
Stoneridge
Burlingame
Hillsdale
Valley Fair

All selling them.. but that guy claims to know better, so let him stay home, PERIOD, hehe
shenan1982 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:13 PM   #12
ckiggins314
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
FYI, before this morning that option did not exist - it said "Pick Up - Available mid-November."

Only this morning did it switch to the "inventory updated 10pm" message.
__________________
13" Macbook Pro
8GB iPod Touch 2G
iPad 32GB
AppleTV
ckiggins314 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:22 PM   #13
monaarts
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiggins314 View Post
FYI, before this morning that option did not exist - it said "Pick Up - Available mid-November."

Only this morning did it switch to the "inventory updated 10pm" message.
Exactly my point... All Apple employess say Apple hasn't announced an official launch date but because that changed today it shows that it truly should be official for tomorrow.
__________________
27" 2011 iMac | iPhone 5S | iPad mini LTE | 2 x TV 3
monaarts is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:17 PM   #14
shenan1982
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaarts View Post
Exactly my point... All Apple employess say Apple hasn't announced an official launch date but because that changed today it shows that it truly should be official for tomorrow.
Nothing official about this launch when people have been getting deliveries from Apple since the 14th, and half the 20 stores in my market are selling them and the other aren't. There's not been and won't be any official "launch" ... that happened to the "Mini" when it came out 2 weeks ago as the Mini Wifi, this just has an extra spec.
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:21 PM   #15
arom
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenan1982 View Post
Nothing official about this launch when people have been getting deliveries from Apple since the 14th, and half the 20 stores in my market are selling them and the other aren't. There's not been and won't be any official "launch" ... that happened to the "Mini" when it came out 2 weeks ago as the Mini Wifi, this just has an extra spec.
No "official" launch you say??? Certainly looks like AT&T did via a press release today...

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pi...pcode=wireless
arom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:28 PM   #16
shenan1982
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by arom View Post
No "official" launch you say??? Certainly looks like AT&T did via a press release today...

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pi...pcode=wireless
Yeah, this thread is referring to the Apple stores, AT&T announced they're carrying it now, but that's unrelated to Apple stores. Apple has carried iPad Mini for weeks, for them to put out a press release to say they're getting the ATT version isn't going to happen, Apple doesn't work like that. :-)
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad Mini: If I Order An ipad wifi+Cellular from Apple for Pickup Question HeyGreggie iPad 3 Nov 14, 2013 10:17 AM
iPad Mini: In-store pickup, 64/128 Cellular MrGimper iPad 1 Nov 13, 2013 02:51 AM
Apple Halts In-Store Pickup Option for iPhone 5s Orders in Online Store MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 61 Oct 26, 2013 11:15 AM
Personal pickup / in-store pickup advice alq Buying Tips and Advice 1 Apr 1, 2013 11:01 AM
How long will the Apple Store hold an iPhone 5 store pickup? TomMaxwell iPhone 2 Oct 2, 2012 04:55 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC