Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:35 PM   #1
sbrhwkp3
macrumors 6502a

Time for a second lineup of iPhones

I've been a die hard apple user since I first started using computers, and I've always said I'd never buy anything else. But I held a GS3 today, and for the first time since the original iPhone, I'm considering buying a Samsung with my next upgrade because I like a large screen. Not everyone has dainty little hands that can't handle it.

Think about the evolution of the iPod. Not one single iPod fit everyone. That's why we had the mini, nano, and shuffle come along.

So, the question is, with the release of the iPad mini, do you see Apple fragmenting their phone line? I honestly think its necessary if they want to remain competitive.

Thoughts?
sbrhwkp3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Daveoc64
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrhwkp3 View Post
So, the question is, with the release of the iPad mini, do you see Apple fragmenting their phone line? I honestly think its necessary if they want to remain competitive.
It's clear that the iPhone's biggest problem is how expensive it is.

Apple's strategy seems to be that they expect people with less money to spend to get the iPhone 4 or 4S.

They did that with the iPad too, but it's clear that there's demand for a smaller, "current" product - hence the iPad mini.

I don't see them releasing an additional line that is bigger/costs more though.
Windows 8.1 | iCloud, Dropbox, Spotify Premium
Daveoc64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone