Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
I'm a band director, and mirroring a "countdown" slide show to an Apple TV to tell my students when they need to be in their seats - 3 min after the bell. It is working well. I just have a Keynote presentation with 180 slides, 3:00, 2:59, 2:58 etc. But I'd like to also have announcements on the slideshow also (like under the time remaining). These announcements would change every day. Is this possible without copying and pasting the same text to all 180 slides each day?

I'm thinking the best way to do this is to have the AppleTV mirror the Macbook, and have the Keynote open NOT in full screen, then I can have a Word document or next to it on the screen.

Or, is there another way? Like to have two powerpoints or keynotes playing simultaneously on the AppleTV?

Thanks!

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK
Have you considered exporting your countdown from Keynote as a QuickTime movie then you could play it in a new Keynote file with the text you want for that particular day.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Have you considered exporting your countdown from Keynote as a QuickTime movie then you could play it in a new Keynote file with the text you want for that particular day.

Excellent idea, thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.