Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:00 PM   #1
saladiro
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to saladiro
Excel.....oval help!!

Hi,

In excel, I used to have this nice little oval button in the top right hand corner of my toolbar that would neatly hide everything. It recently has gone away and i can't figure out how to get it back. Nothing has changed with my other toolbars.

please help
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:04 AM   #2
Gregg2
macrumors 601

I have that in Finder windows, but not Excel or Word, and it only hides the Sidebar. But, I'm using Office 2004!
Gregg2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:58 AM   #3
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by saladiro View Post
Hi,

In excel, I used to have this nice little oval button in the top right hand corner of my toolbar that would neatly hide everything. It recently has gone away and i can't figure out how to get it back. Nothing has changed with my other toolbars.

please help
You might try deleting the Excel plist file, then relaunching Excel. The file is located here:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.Excel.plist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg2 View Post
I have that in Finder windows, but not Excel or Word, and it only hides the Sidebar. But, I'm using Office 2004!
It's there in Excel 2008. It hides the toolbars.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenCap 2012-11-18 at Sun, Nov 18,10.55.02 AM .PNG
Views:	33
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	378140
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:46 AM   #4
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saladiro View Post
Hi,

please help
That toolbar "pill" button was removed with the rollout of Lion. Most apps support the KB combo option-command-t to do the same thing.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store