Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:44 PM   #1
VANCIN
macrumors newbie

Vaja Libretto for iPad Mini!

I have thought about buying ipad cases from VaJa before but the price was always the stopping factor but now that the Ipad Mini is out I really want one but the price and wait is so long. Anyone have one for other generations if so what are your opinions on weight and craftsmanship?
http://www.vajacases.com/ipad-mini-l...her-cases.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad-mini-agenda1.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	377806   Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad-mini-agenda-inside2.png
Views:	135
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	377807   Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad-mini-agenda-backside3.png
Views:	114
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	377808  

Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:25 AM   #2
VANCIN
macrumors newbie

Also the corner is covered now and has a magnetic latch to help stay closed.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:07 AM   #3
normwood
macrumors 6502a

Do yo know if it has magnets for the sleep/wake function?

It's not clear on the website.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:37 AM   #4
sparkomatic
macrumors 6502a

I've always liked their products but they're so expensive!

This is long long ago but I did splurge once and got a Vaja case for my Palm Treo. It was a great case and got lots of compliments. Good build quality too.
sparkomatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:40 AM   #5
FiremanMike
macrumors regular

There is absolutely no way I'd ever spend "from $200" for a case for my iPad.. but that's me.
FiremanMike is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:57 AM   #6
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
There is absolutely no way I'd ever spend "from $200" for a case for my iPad.. but that's me.
Me either. But each to his own. I'd rather buy an iPod with that kind of money, or even apps and music.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:16 PM   #7
FiremanMike
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Me either. But each to his own. I'd rather buy an iPod with that kind of money, or even apps and music.
To be quite honest, I find the smart cover's soft inside surface with it's constant contact and rubbing of the screen GREATLY reduces the ongoing smudges and keeps my iPad 2 (and now iPad mini) much cleaner than folio type covers that don't keep a constant contact with the screen.
FiremanMike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:38 PM   #8
VANCIN
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by normwood View Post
Do yo know if it has magnets for the sleep/wake function?

It's not clear on the website.
I submitted a question about that now I am just waiting to hear back I will post when I have the answer.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:21 AM   #9
Mmorinx
macrumors newbie

I just received my Vaja case for the iPad mini and it's amazing!! It offers full protection with all sleep/wake functionality. The leather is the highest quality I have ever seen. I customized my case, but noticed they started to offer other colors which ship immediately. I'm thinking about getting another one because it's so nice!! Well worth the money!
Mmorinx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:40 AM   #10
Aaron25053
macrumors newbie

If you don't mind me asking, when did you order the case? I too, ordered two cases (one for my girlfriend, and one for myself) and just wondering do they really take up 30 days to make and ship? Anyway, congratulation on the case, their quality is indeed top notch
Aaron25053 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:21 PM   #11
Iceage
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmorinx View Post
I just received my Vaja case for the iPad mini and it's amazing!! It offers full protection with all sleep/wake functionality. The leather is the highest quality I have ever seen. I customized my case, but noticed they started to offer other colors which ship immediately. I'm thinking about getting another one because it's so nice!! Well worth the money!
How about the weight?
Iceage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 04:29 PM   #12
barnetda
macrumors regular

Would really like to know about the weight.

The reason i bought the mini was for the light weight , is this case noticeably heavier than the Apple case?

thanks
barnetda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:34 PM   #13
jksu
macrumors regular

I like my bear motion buffalo leather case...great feel. like an old book. slim. only $40
jksu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:24 AM   #14
kodeman53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnetda View Post
Would really like to know about the weight.

The reason i bought the mini was for the light weight , is this case noticeably heavier than the Apple case?
Have you asked Vaja using their 'Contact' web page?
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:03 PM   #15
Kukulcan
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
To be quite honest, I find the smart cover's soft inside surface with it's constant contact and rubbing of the screen GREATLY reduces the ongoing smudges and keeps my iPad 2 (and now iPad mini) much cleaner than folio type covers that don't keep a constant contact with the screen.
I have no problems with my iPad 2 Vaja Libretto, don't see why it would be less in in contact with the screen.

I love the leather of my Libretto, but it is already the third. The first didn't hold the iPad securely, the second has the leather go bubbly. The third now also lost some of the grip on the Pad so I had to attach it with a adhesive tape.

$200 for a smaller version is pretty steep and in relation to size it adds more bulk rendering the smaller form factor/weight a little useless.

Still love how my iPad feels wrapped in really fantastic leather, but if I'd buy a mini, I would look for a different solution.

Last edited by Kukulcan; Dec 15, 2012 at 01:40 PM.
Kukulcan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:28 PM   #16
mcdj
macrumors 604

I'm kind of over Vaja's kooky colors and wacky angles. They're trying too hard.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:54 PM   #17
Mini luv
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmorinx View Post
Hi! Would you mind posting the dimensions of your case with the Mini installed? L x W x thickness with the cover closed would be great. Thank you! (Assuming you have the Libretto?)
Mini luv is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories