Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)

Old Sep 13, 2005, 03:19 PM   #1
dferigmu
macrumors 6502

What kind of power adapter do I need for Europe?

I'm going to Hungary for 9 months and I'm taking my Powerbook and iPod with me. I figured Id get the Apple world travel kit just to be safe but I wanted to make sure whether or not I needed a voltage adapter for my PB and iPod. Or is the AC adapter brick ready for Europe voltage-wise? I just don't want my precious Apple cargo being fried!
dferigmu is offline   0
Old Sep 13, 2005, 03:55 PM   #2
dobbin
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dferigmu
I'm going to Hungary for 9 months and I'm taking my Powerbook and iPod with me. I figured Id get the Apple world travel kit just to be safe but I wanted to make sure whether or not I needed a voltage adapter for my PB and iPod. Or is the AC adapter brick ready for Europe voltage-wise? I just don't want my precious Apple cargo being fried!
It should be fine if you use the world travel kit to change the pins on your plug. Your adaptor should already be ready for any difference in voltage. I have used mine here in the UK, elsewhere in Europe, the US and Australia. It works everywhere, either using the Apple kit to change the pins on the plug, or just plugging my UK Apple plug into a more generic travel adaptor.
dobbin is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)