Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dferigmu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 3, 2004
Washington, DC
I'm going to Hungary for 9 months and I'm taking my Powerbook and iPod with me. I figured I’d get the Apple world travel kit just to be safe but I wanted to make sure whether or not I needed a voltage adapter for my PB and iPod. Or is the AC adapter brick ready for Europe voltage-wise? I just don't want my precious Apple cargo being fried! :D

dobbin

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2002
England
dferigmu said:
I'm going to Hungary for 9 months and I'm taking my Powerbook and iPod with me. I figured I’d get the Apple world travel kit just to be safe but I wanted to make sure whether or not I needed a voltage adapter for my PB and iPod. Or is the AC adapter brick ready for Europe voltage-wise? I just don't want my precious Apple cargo being fried! :D

It should be fine if you use the world travel kit to change the pins on your plug. Your adaptor should already be ready for any difference in voltage. I have used mine here in the UK, elsewhere in Europe, the US and Australia. It works everywhere, either using the Apple kit to change the pins on the plug, or just plugging my UK Apple plug into a more generic travel adaptor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.