Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:38 AM   #1
The Game 161
macrumors 68040

Anybody get alot of notifications on their iphone 5?

What do you get?

I get

7 notifications from people on twitter
ESPN scorecenter
Yahoo Sportacular game updates
Obviously messages and photos

Twitter is what dominates the notifications as I follow ESPN FC which gives all the score updates and news everyday. Must be huge amount along with NBA news from certain media.

even with this I still get well over 7 hours usage on average along with at least 1 day standby..which sometimes is 1 day to 2-7 hours in standby too.

Any apps that notification wise you use alot and there doesn't make you worry about battery life?
The Game 161 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:39 AM   #2
aleni
macrumors 68000

i dont know about anyone else. but me, my wofe and everyone i saw that have the iPhone is always using it everywhere, everytime whenever they have the time.

so this constant checking on the iphone makes the lockscreen notification useless.

for example, i check my phone a lot, and i do imessage with people a lot, so turning the imessage notif in lockscreen off is important, so your screen is not turning on whenever imessage coming through. this saves battery life.

just enable the badges, banners and sound but disable the "view in lockscreen" so your screen is not turning on too often.
aleni is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:01 AM   #3
hismikeness
macrumors regular

I have a group text with some friends from my fantasy football league and we are always talking **** to each other, and along with my wife and brother I will get a good amount of text notifications. Average email notifications. ESPN updates for the teams I follow and breaking news too.

On top of that, I work graveyard, so I sleep during the day and when I wake up to the alarm, I check all of my alerts, and the lock screen is full up. I like the lock screen feature so I can scroll through and choose which alert I want to look at first.

I also hate the badges, so on most apps I turn them off.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:03 AM   #4
The Game 161
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by hismikeness View Post
I have a group text with some friends from my fantasy football league and we are always talking **** to each other, and along with my wife and brother I will get a good amount of text notifications. Average email notifications. ESPN updates for the teams I follow and breaking news too.

On top of that, I work graveyard, so I sleep during the day and when I wake up to the alarm, I check all of my alerts, and the lock screen is full up. I like the lock screen feature so I can scroll through and choose which alert I want to look at first.
I also hate the badges, so on most apps I turn them off.
Yeah thats a big thing for me too which is why I think android wouldn't work for me to be honest. That feature is very important.
The Game 161 is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone