Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
What do you get?

I get

7 notifications from people on twitter
ESPN scorecenter
Yahoo Sportacular game updates
Obviously messages and photos

Twitter is what dominates the notifications as I follow ESPN FC which gives all the score updates and news everyday. Must be huge amount along with NBA news from certain media.

even with this I still get well over 7 hours usage on average along with at least 1 day standby..which sometimes is 1 day to 2-7 hours in standby too.

Any apps that notification wise you use alot and there doesn't make you worry about battery life?

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i dont know about anyone else. but me, my wofe and everyone i saw that have the iPhone is always using it everywhere, everytime whenever they have the time.

so this constant checking on the iphone makes the lockscreen notification useless.

for example, i check my phone a lot, and i do imessage with people a lot, so turning the imessage notif in lockscreen off is important, so your screen is not turning on whenever imessage coming through. this saves battery life.

just enable the badges, banners and sound but disable the "view in lockscreen" so your screen is not turning on too often.

hismikeness

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
I have a group text with some friends from my fantasy football league and we are always talking **** to each other, and along with my wife and brother I will get a good amount of text notifications. Average email notifications. ESPN updates for the teams I follow and breaking news too.

On top of that, I work graveyard, so I sleep during the day and when I wake up to the alarm, I check all of my alerts, and the lock screen is full up. I like the lock screen feature so I can scroll through and choose which alert I want to look at first.

I also hate the badges, so on most apps I turn them off.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I have a group text with some friends from my fantasy football league and we are always talking **** to each other, and along with my wife and brother I will get a good amount of text notifications. Average email notifications. ESPN updates for the teams I follow and breaking news too.

On top of that, I work graveyard, so I sleep during the day and when I wake up to the alarm, I check all of my alerts, and the lock screen is full up. I like the lock screen feature so I can scroll through and choose which alert I want to look at first.
I also hate the badges, so on most apps I turn them off.

Yeah thats a big thing for me too which is why I think android wouldn't work for me to be honest. That feature is very important.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.