Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:12 PM   #1
ScottNWDW
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, Florida
Send a message via MSN to ScottNWDW
Bought iPad mini, now iPad 3 sits

Since I bought my iPad mini a few days ago, I have not even turned on my iPad 3. I just find using the iPad mini a much better experience. At first I wasn't going to sell the iPad 3, but now seriously considering it.
__________________
Scott
iMac, MacBook Pro, iPhone 5, iPad Retina Mini WiFi+Cell, iPad 4 WiFi+Cell, iPod Classic, Apple TV
ScottNWDW is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:29 PM   #2
BrianSoCal
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
I listed my iPad 3 on eBay the day I picked up mini. Waiting for MacMall to get the LTE version in so I can go exchange the Wi-Fi mini I have now.
BrianSoCal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:32 PM   #3
pommie82
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: uk
Well its whatever you feel comfortable using if you aren't going to be using it then you might as well sell it and get something esle with the money or something on them lines well i would its all down to choices at the end of the day.But i agree with you the mini seems to be a better device the 9'7 inch iPad when it first came out i thought i don't really need one of them and i thought oh well i get one and see what its like and seem i have used it once never looked back seems to be just in my hand all the time i seem to use it more then i use the my 9'7 inch iPad i think because it more comfortable it feels like you can hold it and use it for a lot longer then you can use the 9'7 inch iPad

I have 1st Generation iPad 1 and it fine for streaming videos and Tv Series and watching Tv when i feel like it.

i like the 9'7inch iPad for watching media on i just think the mini is just slightly small for watching videos or Tv on personally don't get me wrong you can watch it on the iPad mini but i just prefer the 9'7 inch iPad for watching things on

Iam really enjoying the mini at the moment i can never put it down always using it for something a lot more comfortable to use then the 9'7 inch iPad
for reading checking emails and playing games seems to be a bit better experience too the 9'7 inch iPad feels uncomfortable when playing games i think.

I think the mini is going to be a really bigger seller for apple i think it might take a couple of years to take off but it will get there with the 9'7 inch iPad or maybe even better then the 9'7 inch iPad.

The mini is perfect when traveling around and you want to check something or you want to read a book or anything just suite you needs really well apple did a really good job of making it such a perfect shape a size and weight for the customers.

I think apple have put quite a bit of pressure on the amazon now with there kindle range because its a good price its nice and light and works well.

Iam sure apple will show us the figures how many kindles have been sold and how many iPad minis have been sold over the past 12 months.
pommie82 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:23 PM   #4
Maverick713
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Valley Stream, NY
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommie82 View Post
Well its whatever you feel comfortable using if you aren't going to be using it then you might as well sell it and get something esle with the money or something on them lines well i would its all down to choices at the end of the day.But i agree with you the mini seems to be a better device the 9'7 inch iPad when it first came out i thought i don't really need one of them and i thought oh well i get one and see what its like and seem i have used it once never looked back seems to be just in my hand all the time i seem to use it more then i use the my 9'7 inch iPad i think because it more comfortable it feels like you can hold it and use it for a lot longer then you can use the 9'7 inch iPad

I have 1st Generation iPad 1 and it fine for streaming videos and Tv Series and watching Tv when i feel like it.

i like the 9'7inch iPad for watching media on i just think the mini is just slightly small for watching videos or Tv on personally don't get me wrong you can watch it on the iPad mini but i just prefer the 9'7 inch iPad for watching things on

Iam really enjoying the mini at the moment i can never put it down always using it for something a lot more comfortable to use then the 9'7 inch iPad
for reading checking emails and playing games seems to be a bit better experience too the 9'7 inch iPad feels uncomfortable when playing games i think.

I think the mini is going to be a really bigger seller for apple i think it might take a couple of years to take off but it will get there with the 9'7 inch iPad or maybe even better then the 9'7 inch iPad.

The mini is perfect when traveling around and you want to check something or you want to read a book or anything just suite you needs really well apple did a really good job of making it such a perfect shape a size and weight for the customers.

I think apple have put quite a bit of pressure on the amazon now with there kindle range because its a good price its nice and light and works well.

Iam sure apple will show us the figures how many kindles have been sold and how many iPad minis have been sold over the past 12 months.
I agree a 9 foot ipad WAYYYYYY to big a 9.7" is good but for me 7.9" is the way to go. Sorry I just hadda say it I thought it was funny
__________________
2012 MB Air 13" i7 8GB RAM 500 GB SDD
iMac 27" 8GB Ram and 1 TB HDD
iPhone 5 32 GB
and like 6 or 7 sold products: p
Maverick713 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:52 PM   #5
reputationZed
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 3455′42″N 8044′41″W (34.928201, -80.744835)
I just got my LTE mini yesterday. Originaly I had intended it as a replacement for my iPad2. About a week or so ago I got impatient and picked up a wifi iPad4. Over the last 24 hours I've been jumping back and forth between the two, they both have their strengths and weaknesses and for me there is no clear cut winner. I've got another two weeks to make a decision on which one I'll keep, if I don't talk my self into keeping both.
reputationZed is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:35 PM   #6
alphaod
macrumors Core
 
alphaod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 上海 (Shanghai)
After playing with the iPad mini, I decided to sell my iPad 3 and replace it with the iPad mini.
__________________
Mac Pro | iMac | Mac mini | MacBook Pro | MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod

Last edited by alphaod; Nov 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM.
alphaod is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:48 PM   #7
barkomatic
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manhattan
You've got "new toy syndrome". You intensely enjoy your mini because its new and novel. I'd wait a few weeks before making a decision to sell your iPad 3.
barkomatic is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:44 PM   #8
Ctguy
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Same here, haven't touch my ipad 3 since Thursday.
Ctguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:26 PM   #9
Pinksteady
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottNWDW View Post
Since I bought my iPad mini a few days ago, I have not even turned on my iPad 3. I just find using the iPad mini a much better experience. At first I wasn't going to sell the iPad 3, but now seriously considering it.
Out of interest, why did you by both?
Pinksteady is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:25 AM   #10
Jimmie Geddes
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Sold my iPad 3 and bought the mini. Haven't put it down much, and easily use it more than I did 1st gen iPad, iPad 2, and iPad 3.
__________________
Jimmie Geddes, Editor
http://www.gadgetsonthego.net
Jimmie Geddes is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:47 AM   #11
christophermdia
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I have this dilemma...I bought a 4 and a Mini....I do know I have new toy syndrome and adore the mini, however, the Mini is such a good experience that I just don't know what I'd use the 4 for. My wife has a 3 and while she likes my mini, her cost conscious mind keeps her liking her 3....decisions decisions.....
christophermdia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:00 AM   #12
Ladybug
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
My ipad 3 has gone the way of the Maytag repairman...alone and bored it sits.

I will be selling my 3 shortly. No point keeping it only to collect dust.
Ladybug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:08 AM   #13
g0odfr1end102
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
You've got "new toy syndrome". You intensely enjoy your mini because its new and novel. I'd wait a few weeks before making a decision to sell your iPad 3.
You, my good sir, speakest the truth.
__________________
APPLE
g0odfr1end102 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:44 AM   #14
falconeight
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
My ipad three sits next to my old blackberry play book now.
falconeight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:52 AM   #15
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
You've got "new toy syndrome". You intensely enjoy your mini because its new and novel. I'd wait a few weeks before making a decision to sell your iPad 3.
Maybe so but I had the iPad 3 bought preowned from Best Buy for about a week until I was able to get a Mini. It took me all of one day after I bought the latter to return the iPad3.

I am new to apple ecosystem. So I have a nice light and small new toy and a new OS as well. I am sure there are many where the Mini was their first Apple tablet.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:16 AM   #16
Mr.damien
Guest
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottNWDW View Post
Since I bought my iPad mini a few days ago, I have not even turned on my iPad 3. I just find using the iPad mini a much better experience. At first I wasn't going to sell the iPad 3, but now seriously considering it.
It can't be ! You didn't hear that the screen sucks so much in comparison of the retina one that you can't use the iPad mini ?

Just drop your iPad mini !

BTW, I am selling my iPad 2 for a Mini LTE
  1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:28 AM   #17
bembol
macrumors 6502a
 
bembol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: iCloud
Bigger is not always better.

My iPad 3 LTE is hasn't been charged/used since the Mini.

When (not if) the Retina Mini gets release the iPad will fall.
__________________
SHIFT_
27" iMac Late-2012 Base w/32GB RAM & 3TB Fusion | White Samsung Galaxy S5 64GB Space Grey iPad Air LTE
bembol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:46 AM   #18
ScottNWDW
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, Florida
Send a message via MSN to ScottNWDW
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
You've got "new toy syndrome". You intensely enjoy your mini because its new and novel. I'd wait a few weeks before making a decision to sell your iPad 3.
I am going to wait a few weeks. I thought of the new toy syndrome as well but we will see.
__________________
Scott
iMac, MacBook Pro, iPhone 5, iPad Retina Mini WiFi+Cell, iPad 4 WiFi+Cell, iPod Classic, Apple TV
ScottNWDW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:59 AM   #19
Yanwoo
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Same here. I'm using my mini much more than I ever used my iPad 2, there's something about it that makes it more compelling to use.

I went into the store intent on buying the ipad 4 but after playing with both for a bit the choice became pretty clear. I've always liked the size of the kindle, so it makes sense I felt that way. The other factor for me is I have an 11" macbook air so the bigger iPad tended to 'compete' with that for my usage.

Interestingly, now I have the mini, I'm finding I use my phone around the house less.

I've had it two weeks now and, for me, new toy syndrome typically lasts a day or two so I fancy this might be different.
Yanwoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:12 PM   #20
ScottNWDW
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, Florida
Send a message via MSN to ScottNWDW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.damien View Post
It can't be ! You didn't hear that the screen sucks so much in comparison of the retina one that you can't use the iPad mini ?

Just drop your iPad mini !

BTW, I am selling my iPad 2 for a Mini LTE
There isn't anything at all wrong with the iPad mini screen.
__________________
Scott
iMac, MacBook Pro, iPhone 5, iPad Retina Mini WiFi+Cell, iPad 4 WiFi+Cell, iPod Classic, Apple TV
ScottNWDW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:16 PM   #21
sparks9
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Copenhagen
Sell or give away one.

One person do not need dual iPads
__________________
sparks9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:21 PM   #22
ixodes
macrumors 601
 
ixodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pacific Coast, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks9 View Post
One person do not need dual iPads
I agree, some of us use three.
__________________
An Ultra Fast Mac Is...My Favorite
ixodes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:47 PM   #23
sparks9
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
I agree, some of us use three.
Wow you should really share some of your wealth.
__________________
sparks9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 04:54 PM   #24
IbisDoc
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Everyone says this at first, in order to feel good about the purchase. I also have an iPad mini and an iPad 4. No doubt the the 4 is the much better experience. Not even close. Screen size and quality trump everything else. The mini screen is mediocre at its best, horrible at its worst.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks9 View Post
Wow you should really share some of your wealth.
Don't worry, the president has that covered.
__________________
100+ posts! Finally, I'm privileged enough to post in the political threads.
IbisDoc is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:01 PM   #25
Max(IT)
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottNWDW View Post
Since I bought my iPad mini a few days ago, I have not even turned on my iPad 3. I just find using the iPad mini a much better experience. At first I wasn't going to sell the iPad 3, but now seriously considering it.
Frankly I can't see a good reason to keep both.
Choose whatever fits your needs and sell the other ...
__________________
Mac Mini - Macbook Pro 15" - MacBook Air 11"
Nexus 7 - 32Gb
iPhone 5S 16Gb - iPad Air 16Gb
Nokia Lumia 1520 - 32Gb
Max(IT) is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A7X-Based iPad and iPad Mini Expected to Launch in 4Q 2013, Lower-Cost A6 iPad Mini to Follow in 2014 MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 178 Oct 11, 2013 07:52 AM
iPad Mini: Anyone returning their iPad mini they bought this week bcuz of mini 2? richpuer iPad 49 Jan 14, 2013 07:33 PM
All iPads: Would you have bought an iPad mini instead of an iPad 3, if it had launched in March? ThatsMeRight iPad 20 Nov 28, 2012 08:48 AM
The iPad Mini sits squarely between the 3GS and 4 in "closeness to retina" cperry2 iPad 9 Oct 27, 2012 01:07 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC