Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:05 PM   #1
RoverStar
macrumors newbie

Reversing Motion Titles in FCP

I created a Motion animation sequence for use in Final Cut pro. There's an Opening and a Closing sequence which I've treated as separate titles, however the content is the same, just in reverse order of each other. I've used drop zones so we can insert footage easily. Is there a way in FCP to just use one title and reverse it, without reversing the dropped in clips? It would save a lot of time.

For example, if I drop in a video in the Opening title of someone walking and another of a car driving, is there a way to reverse the sequence to be used at the Closing, without resulting in the person and car going backwards?
RoverStar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2014, 02:58 PM   #2
pinholestars
macrumors member

I don't believe so. A workaround would maybe be to reverse the clip in final cut, put it into a compound clip, then when it's reversed by the title, it will actually play the right way. Maybe?
pinholestars is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2014, 05:21 PM   #3
RoverStar
macrumors newbie

Thanks. Reversing a compound clip of the title reverses the video as well. Can't find any sort of workaround.

The only other thing I was thinking was if there was a way to 'link' drop zones from multiple Titles to a 'master,' but I don't think that exists, or if it would be useful for anyone but...me.
RoverStar is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video