Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwlewis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Hi all...

I'm a total newbie here, so please be kind if I posted this in the wrong place ... and point me to where I should post it ...

I have a totally bizarre situation on my hands. Over the past couple of days wireless connectivity and speed has been total rubbish - for Apple products only! - and I'd had reasonable connectivity until recently. There have been no changes to my environment (other than those troubleshooting tweaks that I've made today after observing the behaviour ... those have been backed out anyway).

Here's the skinny (all data speeds rounded after 5 tests each):

Network - TalkTalk UK
DSL/Router - DLink 2680 (supplied by TalkTalk)

Windows 7
Tested using Speedtest.net
6.8 Mbps down / .9 Mbps up

Google Nexus 7 (Jelly Bean)
Tested using Speedtest.net Andriod app
6.5 Mbps down / .8 Mbps up

Google Nexus phone (Jelly Bean)
Tested using Speedtest.net Andriod app
6.2 Mbps down / .75 Mbps up

iPad mini (iOS 6)
Tested using Speedtest.net iOS app
.4 Mbps down / .4 Mbps up

iPad (iOS 5)
.43 Mbps down / .41 Mbps up

iPhone 4 (iOS 5)
.38 Mbps down / .35 Mbps up

Macbook Air (MACOS 10.7)
Tested using Speedtest.net
.42 Mbps down / .39 Mbps up

The behaviour is consistent at any time of day. Data speeds on Windows and the Android devices is around what I expect.

Things I have tried:
a. moved between auto-channel scan to different channels (randomly tried 1/7/11)
b. made all IP addresses static
c. zapped the router to factory default

Anyone heard of such a thing? Help!

My wife is the Apple-o-phile of the house and her not being able to use her devices properly is seriously making my life difficult ...! :(

Thanks in advance.

David

manual123

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2006
Omaha NE
whats the hardware of the windows pc? if possible whats the settings for that network adapter? are they using the same cables? have they all been rebooted?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.