Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

terzdesign

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Hello all

Maybe this is a thread that has been covered, but I didn't UNcover anything under search so please bare if that is the case.

Currently using an iphone 4.

I have a personal phone number and a work phone number that I will have to use on a separate device. Personally, I don't want to have to carry two phones all day, I'm not a woman and dont have a purse after all. I know there are apps out there that allow me to use 1 phone and have 2 numbers (line2, google voice) but I hear some good and bad reviews about both. so... what is the BEST way to have 2 phone numbers attached to 1 phone? it would be nice for the phone to let me know which number is being called as well.

Last edited:

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
You could try having your personal phone forward calls to your work phone. Not sure what would show up on your caller id though.

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
You could use google voice if your personal number is a google voice number. I wouldn't recommend porting your existing number to google. Otherwise you could use call forwarding, but depending on your carrier, at least half of your talktime has to be not forwarded and you use double minutes which could be expensive. Call forwarding would work if your personal phone were forwarded to your work phone during the day and in the evening you stop call forwarding and use two devices.

The alternative is to get a dual sim phone, but most of them are either ugly or outdated unless you import a decent international phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.