Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tigerlili813

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Mac Centris in its original box...and it still works. I took good care of it and am the original owner. The last time I set it up (around a year ago) it worked great. Sell or keep? Does anyone know what it's worth?

I even have the HP laser printer that I used to use with it.

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
Prices

Prices are subjective, also the model can make a difference. The centris line is not the most highly sought after. I got a 610 for free last week. At this point I'm just trying to keep them all running as I have quite a few.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
It depends...

Will you get any use out of it? If not, sell it.

But be warned that (as havokalien says,) it's not worth a lot. Maybe $25 if you clean it up and 'market' it right.

But it all comes down to if you have any use for it.

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
It also depends a lot on the model and CPU/FPU

I have an old Centris 650 with an '040 + FPU and it's essentially identical to the Quadra 650. My only issue with mine is no built-in CD-Rom drive. I have an old compatible drive, but the bezel is hard to come by for some odd reason.

I keep it around for my retro Mac games using an external 2x NEC drive that still uses caddies! :eek:

csixty4

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Somerville, MA
A Centris isn't going to put your kids through college, but it will buy you a nice meal. People with nostalgia for that era in Apple's history usually skipped their low-end offerings and at least got one of the comparable Quadra models.

If you are thinking of selling, I'm looking for a Centris 610 with an AAUI networking port (the cheapest model didn't have one) or a 10 base-T ethernet card. I learned to build web sites on one back in 1996 and I've been wanting one for my collection. Although I don't want to pay a lot to ship one to Boston.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.