iPod touch and mini-jack and bluetooth - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:57 AM   #1
ixlr8
macrumors newbie

Question iPod touch and mini-jack and bluetooth

I've got a unique situation...My son uses his iPod touch mini-jack w/ an adapter to RCA to plug to input of our surround system. He now wants to add blue tooth head phones (Beats) to use as a monitor when he's drumming. Is this possible?

Last edited by ixlr8; Nov 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: mis spell
ixlr8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Ghostbusters
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
I've got a unique situation...My son uses his iPod touch mini-jack w/ an adapter to RCA to plug to input of our surround system. He now wants to add blue tooth head phones (Beats) to use as a monitor when he's drumming. Is this possible?
I do not believe that's possible as the iPod Touch will only output audio through one medium. In this case, either the 3.5mm headphone port or Bluetooth. My suggestion would be that he purchase a 3.5mm stereo splitter. From there he can split the signal. One to go to the sound system and another to go to his headphones. You could plug in a Bluetooth dongle to one output to get his Bluetooth headphones to work too.

(Google Images of the Splitter)

Hope that helps!
Ghostbusters is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:13 PM   #3
noteple
macrumors 6502a

You can pick the internal head phone jack or Bluetooth if its paired, just not both at the same time.

A splitter is the best way to go
noteple is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch