Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:11 PM   #1
ajsean
macrumors newbie

How to i get videos from my desktop to my camera roll?

how do i get videos from my desktop onto my camera roll ? not videos app, but camera roll app
ajsean is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:13 PM   #2
macingman
macrumors 68020

You can't get photos onto the camera roll that is only for photos taken on the advice. However you can sync photos via iTunes to the photos.app, just not to the camera roll album.

Click "photos" when syncing in iTunes and it should be pretty straightforward. It's even easier if you have a Mac with iPhoto.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:15 PM   #3
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

But you will not be able to delete the synced photos/videos from your phone......unless you tether it to iTunes again.
SomeDudeAsking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:17 PM   #4
ajsean
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDudeAsking View Post
But you will not be able to delete the synced photos/videos from your phone......unless you tether it to iTunes again.
i had some sucsess by emailing them to myself, then saving them to camera roll. any ideas for larger files??
ajsean is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:23 PM   #5
albertxp06
macrumors regular

I put them in an Photo Stream upload folder on my Windows PC. It was synced to my iPhone and I individually selected the ones I wanted and saved them to my device.
albertxp06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:25 PM   #6
SomeDudeAsking
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsean View Post
i had some sucsess by emailing them to myself, then saving them to camera roll. any ideas for larger files??
Dropbox would be your best try. But it is still pretty convoluted just to copy photos/videos over.
SomeDudeAsking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:52 PM   #7
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDudeAsking View Post
Dropbox would be your best try. But it is still pretty convoluted just to copy photos/videos over.
You just view the picture in Dropbox and then download. The benefit of Dropbox is that any photos placed into your camera roll get uploaded to a folder on Dropbox. Enough uploads and Dropbox will increase your storage to a total of an additional 3GB over time.

Note that any picture you download to your camera roll from Dropbox is seen as new and will be thus copied to the Camera Uploads folder in your Dropbox folder.

If you have a Mac another option would be PhoneView. You get direct access to the local file system and can place photos directly into the Camera roll. You have to delete the database file and restart your phone though so that your iPhone rebuilds the DB and sees your new photos. The advantage here though is you can add as many photos at a time as you wish.

There's also Eltima Syncmate. But I have not used it for the iPhone, only my old Windows Mobile phone so IDK if it supports photos or not.
eyoungren is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:59 PM   #8
cnguyen0320
macrumors regular

Email it to yourself. Works for me.
cnguyen0320 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone