Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Sep 13, 2005, 07:10 PM   #1
revenuee
macrumors 68020

Can't Read/Write to Harddrive on OS 10.3

I can't save anything to System partition on my iMac G5 20 inch running under Panther.

At work i have a this computer and it already came preformated from the last person to have this position with Partitions.

This is not a problem, although would of not been my first choice, but whatever

NOW, the problem that i have is that i can't save anything to the partition that has all the system files on it. IE i can't save anything to my desktop or inside any of the user folders.

i can't take anything that comes from the internet that downloads to that partitons and i can't save anything after being extracted from my card reader.

When i save something i get a message that says --- "CAN'T READ/WRITE"

i checked inside the preferences and nothings is locked, all the folders have "read/write" enabled.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated

Last edited by revenuee; Sep 13, 2005 at 07:43 PM.
revenuee is offline   0
Old Sep 13, 2005, 08:20 PM   #2
belvdr
macrumors 68040

Go to Terminal and see how the filesystem is mounted. Just type 'mount' at the command line.
belvdr is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers