Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Aug 30, 2013, 09:14 PM   #1
Chazz08
macrumors 6502

Origin and SimCity

Origin was working fine, but after I downloaded and installed SimCity, it started freezing. Of course you need Origin to work to play SimCity. Has anyone else experienced this freeze up after installing this game? It won't let me do anything now.
Chazz08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2013, 02:12 AM   #2
Ka Ora!
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz08 View Post
Origin was working fine, but after I downloaded and installed SimCity, it started freezing. Of course you need Origin to work to play SimCity. Has anyone else experienced this freeze up after installing this game? It won't let me do anything now.
If you have issues with it try installing the Origin Beta, Go into preferences and select the Beta Checkbox
Old Aug 31, 2013, 08:15 PM   #3
Chazz08
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka Ora! View Post
If you have issues with it try installing the Origin Beta, Go into preferences and select the Beta Checkbox
Well, that's part of the problem. It won't let me launch it at all. :/ I uninstalled both completely and tried to reinstall Origin. Now it gets stuck on "Permission required to install helper." I type the password in and it just cycles through over and over. I did do a test and copied and pasted the file from the package contents into the library folder it was supposed to go into, but when I launch it, it delete the file! haha. I don't know why though. EA support is no help either. They don't have the most tech savvy on their support team, ironically.
Chazz08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:37 PM   #4
bedifferent
Banned

Same here. The first time I have purchased a computer game in 15+ years, I threw caution to the wind from many of the frustrated comments and purchased it Sunday. Origin app ver. 9.3.1 loads but forces me to install 9.3.5 which crashes. There is no way to use 9.3.1, 9.3.5 crashes in 10.8.x and 10.9, and I can't even load it to check beta installs.

HTF are customers supposed to modify the app's preferences when I'm forced to update to a version that doesn't work???
bedifferent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2014, 01:16 PM   #5
bjwaites
macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem but it started when I downloaded Yosemite Beta..
bjwaites is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2014, 02:09 PM   #6
rrl
macrumors 6502

We're nicely running Origin and SimCity 5 on a 10.9.4 8GB 2.4GHz C2D 2010 Mac Mini with no problems. We had to turn down the graphics settings of course.
rrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games