Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdehoogh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
I've noticed that the horizontal scroll bar often appears in the middle of the screen rather than on the bottom edge where it should be. I've noticed it mainly in safari and imessage. The scroll bar moved up the page when keyboard shows up and it seems to stay in the same position even if the keyboard is gone.

Anyone else notice this yet? I can post pics if anyone is curious.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
I've noticed that the horizontal scroll bar often appears in the middle of the screen rather than on the bottom edge where it should be. I've noticed it mainly in safari and imessage. The scroll bar moved up the page when keyboard shows up and it seems to stay in the same position even if the keyboard is gone.

Please do.

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012

I'd noticed that as early as in the 6.0 betas

mdehoogh

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Here's an example. If you zoom in on something and bring the keyboard up, the scroll bar moves just above the keyboard. It seems to stay there even when the keyboard is gone. I only notice it if I've used the split keyboard recently.

imageemu.jpg

imageykr.jpg

dustinrwh

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
I was dealing with this same issue an my iPad Mini. Here's what I did yesterday and I haven't seen the problem since:

1) Go to Settings >> Safari

2) Turn on Private Browsing

3) Clear Cookies & Data

I cannot guarantee this will always solve the problem, but it has worked for me.

Let me know if that works for anyone else

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.