Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:38 PM   #1
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040

iPad won't connect to Airport Express

I brought an Airport Express to work because we don't have a password for our router. I can connect iPhones and Smart TVs and my MacBook, but I have 2 new iPads, a Retina and a Mini that won't connect. They just get the spinning wheel and never connect to the network. I've reset network settings, but still won't work. Any ideas?
jjk454ss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:15 PM   #2
arom
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk454ss View Post
I brought an Airport Express to work because we don't have a password for our router. I can connect iPhones and Smart TVs and my MacBook, but I have 2 new iPads, a Retina and a Mini that won't connect. They just get the spinning wheel and never connect to the network. I've reset network settings, but still won't work. Any ideas?
I'm having a similar problem trying to connect to a 5ghz network. No issue on 2.4ghz
arom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:10 PM   #3
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by arom View Post
I'm having a similar problem trying to connect to a 5ghz network. No issue on 2.4ghz
How do I tell if its 2.4 of 5 ghz on the ipad? Or cant I do it? I think at home I'm connecting to the 5 ghz on my AirPort Extreme. But I'll have to check.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:02 AM   #4
vasili0s
macrumors newbie

Looks like there may very well be a firmware issue apparent here. FIrst follow the following article to ensure the desired configuration of the Air Extreme for best results, per: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199?v...S&locale=en_US

I would then power cycle the air express, forget your network and therein reset the net settings on iOS once more. Let us know how it goes......

And btw, simultaneous dual band capability works only if you set up the Airport Express to create a network.

Last edited by vasili0s; Nov 19, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
vasili0s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:32 PM   #5
jjk454ss
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasili0s View Post
Looks like there may very well be a firmware issue apparent here. FIrst follow the following article to ensure the desired configuration of the Air Extreme for best results, per: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199?v...S&locale=en_US

I would then power cycle the air express, forget your network and therein reset the net settings on iOS once more. Let us know how it goes......

And btw, simultaneous dual band capability works only if you set up the Airport Express to create a network.
Thanks, I think I'll take it home tonight and see if I can't update it and get it working.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:41 AM   #6
jaxsimms
macrumors newbie

ipad and iphone recognition of airport express

After struggling with this problem I discovered an easy solution. Forget the airport app because it doesn't recognize your network. Go to your settings app and then Wi Fi. DO NOT CHOOSE YOUR NETWORK. Go to other. Put in your network name and password and bazinga you're connected!
jaxsimms is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad