Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexbjackson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
So after this recent iMessage outage, I'm having an issue. I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 6 and my boyfriend has an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.

The issue is that once iMessage came back up, I can only receive iMessages from him from his email address (which is used for his Apple ID). So I now have two threads, one from his phone number and one from his email.

I can only send SMS texts to his phone number thread, where previously it was nearly all iMessage with the occasional SMS. And I can only send him iMessages on the thread that is associated with his email. He claims that he can send to other iPhones normally and the messages show up as from his phone number, and I can also iMessage other iPhones normally.

We've both tried toggling iMessage on and off, making sure that in the Settings our phone numbers are selected for sending and receiving.

I'm at a loss. Is this most likely an issue on his end or mine? Is there any way I can send iMessages to his iPhone phone number?

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Msg him these: "Will it blend ?" ; if you get a serv. code A1 then it means something wrong with the imessage setup, it could be hes using several idevices with the same email.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.