Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:10 AM   #1
philipfreire
macrumors member

see vendor information in user profile
Send a message via ICQ to philipfreire Send a message via AIM to philipfreire Send a message via MSN to philipfreire Send a message via Yahoo to philipfreire Send a message via Skype™ to philipfreire
Apple’s redesigned iMac launches not delayed

Apple’s redesigned iMac launches not delayed until 2013, still on track for November-December

According to our sources, Apple’s already announced plans for November and December launches of the redesigned 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMac lines are still on track. This refutes a report from French site MacBidouille which claimed that both the new 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMacs would see their respective launches delayed until 2013.

Our sources say that Apple is already shipping new 21.5-inch iMacs to its distribution hubs across the United States and several other countries across the world. These sources also expect the 21.5-inch computers to be available to order from Apple’s online store by the end of this month. It is also likely that the new models will reach Apple’s physical retail stores by the end of November. More details after the break:

The 27-inch version seems to still be launching in December, as Apple announced, and even though these higher-end models are expected to launch in December, our sources say that there is a high chance that they will be available to order from Apple’s online store at the same time, or around the same time, as the 21.5-inch models.

Our sources also say that the new iMacs, at launch, will be in relatively short supply, mainly outside of the United States. Apple CEO Tim Cook, during Apple’s latest earnings call, noted the expected iMac shortages:

On the iMac we’ll be constrained for the full quarter in a significant way… there will be a short amount of time to manufacturer and ramp those and I expect demand to be robust… we will have a significant shortage.

With all of that said, the important part to emphasize is that these machines will very likely meet Apple’s November and December launch expectations, and will not be delayed into next year as others have reported.

Source: 9to5Mac

http://9to5mac.com/2012/11/19/apples-redesigned-imac-launches-not-delayed-until-2013-still-on-track-for-november-december/

This should put those rumors to rest. patience is a virtue.
philipfreire is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:11 AM   #2
MacMiguel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillie86 View Post
Apple’s redesigned iMac launches not delayed until 2013, still on track for November-December

According to our sources, Apple’s already announced plans for November and December launches of the redesigned 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMac lines are still on track. This refutes a report from French site MacBidouille which claimed that both the new 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMacs would see their respective launches delayed until 2013.

Our sources say that Apple is already shipping new 21.5-inch iMacs to its distribution hubs across the United States and several other countries across the world. These sources also expect the 21.5-inch computers to be available to order from Apple’s online store by the end of this month. It is also likely that the new models will reach Apple’s physical retail stores by the end of November. More details after the break:

The 27-inch version seems to still be launching in December, as Apple announced, and even though these higher-end models are expected to launch in December, our sources say that there is a high chance that they will be available to order from Apple’s online store at the same time, or around the same time, as the 21.5-inch models.

Our sources also say that the new iMacs, at launch, will be in relatively short supply, mainly outside of the United States. Apple CEO Tim Cook, during Apple’s latest earnings call, noted the expected iMac shortages:

On the iMac we’ll be constrained for the full quarter in a significant way… there will be a short amount of time to manufacturer and ramp those and I expect demand to be robust… we will have a significant shortage.

With all of that said, the important part to emphasize is that these machines will very likely meet Apple’s November and December launch expectations, and will not be delayed into next year as others have reported.

Source: 9to5Mac

http://9to5mac.com/2012/11/19/apples...mber-december/

This should put those rumors to rest. patience is a virtue.

What do you think, will the demand of 21'5" be higher than the 27"???
MacMiguel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:20 AM   #3
Nandifix
macrumors 6502

Sweet.
Nandifix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:20 AM   #4
philipfreire
macrumors member

see vendor information in user profile
Send a message via ICQ to philipfreire Send a message via AIM to philipfreire Send a message via MSN to philipfreire Send a message via Yahoo to philipfreire Send a message via Skype™ to philipfreire
Reading this story, demand and shortage will not be a big issue for the United States as you guys will be getting the majority of the units. International customers (Canadians like myself) will be waiting but hopefully not long.

As for demand over the 21" and 27", I haven't seen the sales numbers of previous iMac sales to give you an accurate answer.
philipfreire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:26 AM   #5
MacMiguel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillie86 View Post
Reading this story, demand and shortage will not be a big issue for the United States as you guys will be getting the majority of the units. International customers (Canadians like myself) will be waiting but hopefully not long.

As for demand over the 21" and 27", I haven't seen the sales numbers of previous iMac sales to give you an accurate answer.
The gain of Apple in Europe for each computer is pretty higher than in the USA because they set prices with a parity euro-dollar when all of we know that 1€=>1.3$ so I hope this would be consider by Apple avoiding long waits here.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:27 AM   #6
boy-better-know
macrumors 65816

Great news. Just want to order the thing now.
boy-better-know is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:30 AM   #7
maverick72
macrumors member

No its not. Get your facts straight before posting bull like that.

US and Canadian prices do NOT include TAXES while EU prices do.

If there is a difference its not as big as you make it sound.
maverick72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:38 AM   #8
Macman45
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy-better-know View Post
Great news. Just want to order the thing now.
I'm waiting on that call......Just hope the OP's facts are straight...Fingers crossed
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:44 AM   #9
mazakii
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick72 View Post
No its not. Get your facts straight before posting bull like that.

US and Canadian prices do NOT include TAXES while EU prices do.

If there is a difference its not as big as you make it sound.
The price of the same imac in US is about 33% less than the UK ones.
£1124 for the low-end 27 inch in the US, and £1499 in the UK.
And UK apple stores have the average price of Apple products across the EU.

If you are correct, Americans have REALLY high tax I suppose.

Anyway, the price difference is about a quarter, I'm humbly guessing.
Not complaining, life's unfair.
mazakii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:47 AM   #10
MacMiguel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazakii View Post
The price of the same imac in US is about 33% less than the UK ones.
£1124 for the low-end 27 inch in the US, and £1499 in the UK.
And UK apple stores have the average price of Apple products across the EU.

If you are correct, Americans have REALLY high tax I suppose.

Anyway, the price difference is about a quarter, I'm humbly guessing.
Not complaining, life's unfair.

Prices in Europe are around extra-20%, this is a fact, nobody can deny this. Excluding the taxes of course
MacMiguel is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:49 AM   #11
iMcLovin
macrumors 65816

this is AWESOME news! Made my day. So ready to order now.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:56 AM   #12
MacMiguel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMcLovin View Post
this is AWESOME news! Made my day. So ready to order now.
Me too. I WILL ORDER IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:02 AM   #13
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020

The delay rumor from that french site was full of crap!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:09 AM   #14
Roller
macrumors 65816

I hope that this report is accurate. It certainly fits with Apple's not changing the "coming in Nov./Dec." labels in the Apple Store online. If, as Phillie86 points out, the supply constraint will be greater outside the U.S., there may have been a kernel panic of truth to MacBidouille's story. It still bothers me how widely and without question it was picked up, though.
Roller is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:28 AM   #15
freshe
macrumors member

Release date Nov-Dec. When exactly the very last day of Nov and the very last day of Dec ?
freshe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:31 AM   #16
GrooveOn
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshe View Post
Release date Nov-Dec. When exactly the very last day of Nov and the very last day of Dec ?
Let's bank on the last day of the month, and if it comes earlier lets consider it a bonus! No need to fret unless the 1st of December comes around and there is no movement!
GrooveOn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:34 AM   #17
Rogifan
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
Hope so. I'd believe 9to5Mac over that site for sure. I never did really buy that rumor because why would Apple announce the new iMacs and that they were shipping Nov/Dec if they were still perfecting the manufacturing. It's not like the iPhone 5 where there is a huge demand issue.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post
I hope that this report is accurate. It certainly fits with Apple's not changing the "coming in Nov./Dec." labels in the Apple Store online. If, as Phillie86 points out, the supply constraint will be greater outside the U.S., there may have been a kernel panic of truth to MacBidouille's story. It still bothers me how widely and without question it was picked up, though.
Right now anything that might be bad news for Apple gets widely reported. Part of the reason their stock has taken a none dive since iPhone 5 was released.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:56 AM   #18
garrize
macrumors regular

I told you guys macbidouille was as trustworthy as Digitimes...

Great news indeed. Especially about the 27"s that might be available to order!! Yay!
iBook G4 30GB (Late 2004)
garrize is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:00 AM   #19
Tri-stan
macrumors 6502

If you were going to buy one of these new iMacs would it be better to hold off to avoid any manufacturing defects or is Apple better than that?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:05 AM   #20
forty2j
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
I do hope that everyone who elected to buy a Windows 8 PC as a result of that rumor is nothing short of thrilled with their purchase.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:13 AM   #21
Phx08
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty2j View Post
I do hope that everyone who elected to buy a Windows 8 PC as a result of that rumor is nothing short of thrilled with their purchase.
Also the people who elected for the Mini (not as bad...but still mentionable)

-------------------

I hope this is true!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:17 AM   #22
MojoRisinSD
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-stan View Post
If you were going to buy one of these new iMacs would it be better to hold off to avoid any manufacturing defects or is Apple better than that?
I can't comment if this new iMac will have any initial issues... but as a regular "early adopter", I have not been disappointed yet. If there are any issues with the first batch, that is what the warranty is for!
MojoRisinSD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:22 AM   #23
CoolSpot
macrumors member

I think if we're going to see anything, its going to happen this week. Apple can't miss black friday for having both models in stores, even if the 27" model is order-only.
CoolSpot is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:22 AM   #24
Phx08
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-stan View Post
Like with anything you will have certain units that are not within the control charts and become outliers. This can happen at any point in the life cycle of a product, such is quality. However, Apple is pretty good with building their products with high tolerance.

The average failure rate for Apple products is around 17% (this number is most likely skewed but gives some sort of a figure)...only Apple would know the true defect rate

As for those outliers...warranty.

Last edited by Phx08; Nov 19, 2012 at 07:37 AM.
Phx08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:52 AM   #25
Siderz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMiguel View Post
What do you think, will the demand of 21'5" be higher than the 27"???
Yes it will, simply because it's the cheapest model.

Apple
Siderz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac