Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

blackfri.jpg
Apple has posted a teaser page on their Australian online Apple Store for a "one-day Apple shopping event" on Friday, November 23rd.
The one-day Apple shopping event is Friday, 23 November.

Get ready to give. Shop online or visit your favourite Apple Retail Store.
We'll help you make the most of the day, no matter how you shop.
This Friday represents Black Friday in the United States. Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving that marks the start of the Christmas shopping season. Traditionally, retailers offer major sales on that day.

Apple's international online and retail stores also participate in these sales, though Apple's discounts tend to be very modest. Last year's discounts for Apple's core products were as follows (in USD):

iPad 2 - $41 to $61 Off
iPod nano - $11 off
iPod Touch - $21 to $41 off
MacBook Air - $101 off
MacBook Pro - $101 off
iMac - $101 off

For absolute savings, customers will have better luck with 3rd party merchants that tend to offer steeper discounts on Apple products on Black Friday.

Article Link: Apple Posts Black Friday 'One-Day Shopping Event' Teaser

samcolson4

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2011
You guys in the states obviously have it good with other sales. 10% off a MBP? Sounds pretty good to me.

spb3

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2012
can you stack Student Discount with 3rd party merchants? i know best buy would honor EDU discount, but would it stack with BF sale?

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I would be shocked to see a discount on the iMac this year. I'll be surprised if they are even shipping by Black Friday. :(

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Hmm.. if they have discounts on the iMacs, that should mean they'll be orderable before Friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.