Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:18 PM   #1
macbookairowner
macrumors newbie

Anyone else have "hard to press" function keys?

Hey all,

New owner of a Macbook Air here (2012 model). It's a beauty and pure pleasure to use, but one small "issue" (not really an issue, but a nitpicky observation) is that the escape key is rather hard to press compared to the other function keys. It still works, but it makes a much harder "click" sound compared to the others when depressed, and it occasionally doesn't register because I didn't press it hard enough. Again, I am fully aware that this is not a reason to freak out and go seek a replacement (I won't do that), but is this a fairly regular thing for the Fn keys to do? The only reason I ask is that sometimes it does become noticeable and a tad bit bothersome when I don't the key in the right spot and it doesn't register the first time.

Other than that, definitely a joy to own.

Thanks in advance.
macbookairowner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:59 AM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

I have the same 2012 model as you and mine has never done that. I would get it fixed while still under warranty before the key stops working altogether.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:54 PM   #3
Raejin
macrumors member

I had few squeaky keys the first day and I reserved and went to Apple Store to have genius fix those keys for me for the next day and that was it.

Only if there is an Apple Store that is really close to where you live though.
Raejin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air