Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:00 PM   #1
jlobe
macrumors newbie

Terminal tabs (emacs) become corrupted after time

I generally work with a terminal window with a half-dozen tabs open, and that window lives for a week or so. Every once in a while, tabs (running emacs) become corrupted or something --- where emacs no longer accurately displays what's in the file, and modifications don't appear correctly (while the files themselves always seem to be fine). Only individual tabs are effected, and I've only noticed problems in emacs. New tabs always work fine, so closing the tab and opening a new one effectively works-around the problem.

This has only happened since I upgraded to Mountain Lion.

Has anyone had similar problems?
I'm having trouble even coming up with directions or search-terms to try to investigate the problem; does anyone have any suggestions?
jlobe is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
bug, corrupt, emacs, mountainlion, terminal