Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papertigers87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Cardiff, South Wales
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone here owns a completely unblemished iPhone 5?

I am now on my fifth iPhone 5 (white); each one has come out of the box with either scratches/marks on the back, nicks in the edges or both.

I'm hoping that if I persist I will eventually get one that is ok. I've seen some posts here from people who accept these marks, but, personally, I think if something costs £699 it should be perfect out of the box.

Cheers,

Luke

reckless2k2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
I got one the opening day after standing in no line at the AT&T store near me with no blemishes.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Hi,

I am now on my fifth iPhone 5 (white); each one has come out of the box with either scratches/marks on the back, nicks in the edges or both.

I'm hoping that if I persist I will eventually get one that is ok. I've seen some posts here from people who accept these marks, but, personally, I think if something costs £699 it should be perfect out of the box.

Cheers,

Luke
I mean it's just a phone man.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
My third white iPhone 5 is perfect. No blemishes or scratches whatsoever. Did have a little bit of blue glue on the back, but it easily came off with a damp cloth corner.

lovetamarav

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2011
32GB iPhone 5 white, perfect condition out of the box. I've dinged it a touch myself but nothing major or noticeable unless you know to really look for that spot.

stoneland

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
No phone is going to be "perfect" especially if you're looking for things that may be wrong with it. Mine is "unblemished" but I'm sure if I handed it to you, you would find a ton of things "wrong" with it. :rolleyes:

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
I purchased my white 64GB from my local AT&T store and there were no scratches or blemishes at all.

MXSkier62

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2006
Got mine, was perfect. The on/off button started freaking out, so I got a new one at the store. it too was perfect. but it won't be for long. It's a phone. It gets used, tossed, thrown in pockets, in bags, put on tables. i understand it's new, and expensive, but sometimes you have to realize that it will never be perfect, and if it is, then it will soon no longer be perfect. enjoy the phone. forget about the blemish.

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
I got one today. I returned two other but missed them after three week back with my 4 I couldn't take it. Walked into a AT&T and they had them in stock. I'm very happy to say the least.

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
I just bought my iPhone 5 today, the black version, just bought it 3 hours ago.
I believe that there's phone out there without scuffs. But I also believe the iPhone 5 can come with scuffs straight out of the box as evidenced by my iPhone 5.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 77
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    584.7 KB · Views: 74
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 61

fenskezen

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
Wirelessly posted

Prefect here. White 16g . I bought it at the apple store in Ann Arbor, Mi. FYI if you buy from the retail store they let you open it in front of them and inspect. Honestly, a small scuff would probably not even been on my radar. It's a phone I use every day and some love marks give it personality.

Nale72

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Sweden
My Black 16 GB was perfect without blemishes or scratches. After two weeks of usage, with silicone bumper/case from first minute, I today noticed that an appr. 1x1 mm "flake" has been chipped out under the bumper just at the volume buttons on the chamfered bezel.

It doesn't affect the usage and it won't be noticed since it's under the bumper though.

Sep 10, 2012
Hi,

Cheers,

Luke

Join the club, Luke ...

I saw the title of your post and thought "someone's had a result!" ... but then I read the content of your post :p

Check out my own threads ... you're not alone, mate.

Are you returning to the online store, or a retail store?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
As far as I could tell, my phone was picture perfect out of the box, though I don't seem to suffer from "pathologic Apple user OCD syndrome".

My phone was just fine out of the box. The scuffs on it have all come from me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.