Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wnphotos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2012
Hi there,

If anyone could help me with this it would be much appreciated.

I am running OS X 10.8.2 (mountain lion) on a 3.1 GHz iMac 4gb memory.
I have noticed, since upgrading to mountain lion really, that randomly the computer will go glitchy when playing sound from any source. For example, it'll suddenly go all intermittent and noisy in the background with the sound. It is hard to explain, sounds kind of like a radio station half out of signal.

It'll continue for any determined amount of time, and then it may fix and go back to normal. It's always without warning, I can be not even touching the Mac and it will happen. Twice it has just restarted by itself saying that "iMac restarted due to a problem".

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Danish6007

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
Bangalore, India
mountain lion

hey bro mine 2 OSX lion had the same problem in past months, but when the mountain lion had released i had downloaded it and made a backup of osx in pendrive and then reinstalled, i can u suggest that please backup all your data from the imac and then make a bootable copy of osx and when u boot it you need to format the Macintosh drive and then do a fresh install of it and all Done....!!!!
and dont install any customising apps on it of third party....:apple:
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.