Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:33 PM   #1
Jacoblee23
macrumors 6502

Traded my black and slate 32 gb wifi mini for a white 16gb verizon mini.

I wanted access to my new favorite ipad on the go, so I traded my black 32gb wifi mini for the white one. I paid for a portion of mine on store credit at best buy, so I had to find a verizon mini at Best Buy.

Every Best Buy in the area is sold out, but called at just the right time and the guy held for me the last 16 gb mini. It was a white one, and I was hesitant but it was all they had and overall I like it better. The black and slate back is better looking though in my opinion. Did anyone else end up trading colors? Having a cellular mini by the way is just so damn cool. I got rid of the data on my ipad 3, and put it on the mini.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:39 PM   #2
EMAN19
macrumors 6502

I traded colors too. I had the Black & Slate 32GB for a week then returned it for a cash refund. I finally picked up a White & Silver 32GB this morning and I'm loving it. I loved the Black & Slate but couldn't deal with its flaws. I didn't think I'd fancy the White & Silver all that much, but now that I have it in my hands, so far it's BRILLIANT. I made an excellent choice in the end.

I'm loving life with the iPad mini Wi-Fi 32GB White.
EMAN19 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:12 PM   #3
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously though, I'm glad you got the one you wanted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cool-Starry-Bra.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	378517  
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:06 PM   #4
metzy25
macrumors 6502a

I'm trying too exchange my white mini for a black mini!
metzy25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:19 PM   #5
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzy25 View Post
I'm trying too exchange my white mini for a black mini!
Don't like the white?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:49 PM   #6
metzy25
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Don't like the white?
Well it's a long story, I purchased a iPad 4 and returned it for the mini and I expected that I'd have too reserve one on apple.com, and I was set on a black version. But after going in the apple guy told me they had a white 16gb and my draw dropped I didn't believe him because it was like 7 at night, so I went with the white, and I'm just waiting for a black one to be in stock!
metzy25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:51 PM   #7
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Well it's a long story, I purchased a iPad 4 and returned it for the mini and I expected that I'd have too reserve one on apple.com, and I was set on a black version. But after going in the apple guy told me they had a white 16gb and my draw dropped I didn't believe him because it was like 7 at night, so I went with the white, and I'm just waiting for a black one to be in stock!
Cool. I was just curious. I have a black one and I love it.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:35 AM   #8
metzy25
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Cool. I was just curious. I have a black one and I love it.
Lucky, I plan on trying to get one before my 14 days are up, it'll be cool to have it match my iPhone 5 as well.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:15 PM   #9
EMAN19
macrumors 6502

I generally hate matching, so my next iPhone (5 or 5S?) is going to be black.
EMAN19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:23 PM   #10
AdonisSMU
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoblee23 View Post
I wanted access to my new favorite ipad on the go, so I traded my black 32gb wifi mini for the white one. I paid for a portion of mine on store credit at best buy, so I had to find a verizon mini at Best Buy.

Every Best Buy in the area is sold out, but called at just the right time and the guy held for me the last 16 gb mini. It was a white one, and I was hesitant but it was all they had and overall I like it better. The black and slate back is better looking though in my opinion. Did anyone else end up trading colors? Having a cellular mini by the way is just so damn cool. I got rid of the data on my ipad 3, and put it on the mini.
I traded from black to white.
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:32 PM   #11
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Lucky, I plan on trying to get one before my 14 days are up, it'll be cool to have it match my iPhone 5 as well.
It depends on what you call luck. I waited in line for over 3 hours on launch day only to get one that had scratches all along the bottom. Returned it for a second one that had nicks all across the bottom. It wasn't until my third one that I finally got a good looking one out of the box. I'm just glad Best Buy was cool with me exchanging 2 iPad minis.

Oh, and a black iPhone 5 and black Mini look really good together. I was worried about scuffgate, but in the end, I like my iPad with a black bezel so I went with the black. Very glad I did.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:16 PM   #12
metzy25
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
It depends on what you call luck. I waited in line for over 3 hours on launch day only to get one that had scratches all along the bottom. Returned it for a second one that had nicks all across the bottom. It wasn't until my third one that I finally got a good looking one out of the box. I'm just glad Best Buy was cool with me exchanging 2 iPad minis.

Oh, and a black iPhone 5 and black Mini look really good together. I was worried about scuffgate, but in the end, I like my iPad with a black bezel so I went with the black. Very glad I did.
Got mine today finally, I must say the black mini and black iPhone 5 look amazing! As too your luck that's terrible luck! At least you finally received a good one, both of my devices were mint and still are.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:04 PM   #13
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Got mine today finally, I must say the black mini and black iPhone 5 look amazing! As too your luck that's terrible luck! At least you finally received a good one, both of my devices were mint and still are.
Yeah, it took a couple tries, but I finally have good looking devices. Glad to you got yours!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:29 PM   #14
d123
macrumors 65816

Another black to white trade, got the black from Apple on launch day, when it arrived it was sort of "blah" black, black, black. Boring and old fashioned.

Tracked down a white one in store on release day and bought it, much prefer the white, much more classy in white, aluminium and silver to the boring black, black and black.
d123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:50 PM   #15
dbdynsty25
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to dbdynsty25
I traded my white 16gb wifi mini for my 32gb black verizon mini. Well traded is the wrong word...gave it to my wife to replace her white wifi ipad 2, while the 32 black verizon mini replaced my 32gb black verizon ipad 3.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:08 PM   #16
AdonisSMU
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously though, I'm glad you got the one you wanted.
Wow! Seriously? I have a white mini and Im as masculine as gay guys come. Im athletic and muscular. Girls love me and so do the men.
AdonisSMU is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:58 PM   #17
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post
Wow! Seriously? I have a white mini and Im as masculine as gay guys come. Im athletic and muscular. Girls love me and so do the men.

What?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad