Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JOHNSIXFOX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Australia
I recently exchanged my iphone 4 with the new iphone 4 at apple store. The new once seem to be alright on almost everything, however...'sometime if i wanna make a call, like ' dial phone number and the press call button, the iPhone screen when dark and the iphone logo appears on the screen, while the call is continuing... The problem disappear later after 5 second.

This problem had happened twice tho i don't think it's a big problem that need attention!

I just wanna know if someone have an idea!

Thanks

emma777

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2012
India, New delhi
The proximity sensor near the top of the phone just above the earpiece (if you have a white iPhone its a little black oval) turns off the screen whenever something is placed near it. It's designed to turn the screen off when you put the phone up to your ear to prevent your face from accidentally pushing buttons. Also, if you put your iPhone up to your ear when not on a call, it turns on Siri so you can use it like you're making a phone call. It can't be turned off so Don't touch your iPhone there. :)

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
The proximity sensor near the top of the phone just above the earpiece (if you have a white iPhone its a little black oval) turns off the screen whenever something is placed near it. It's designed to turn the screen off when you put the phone up to your ear to prevent your face from accidentally pushing buttons. Also, if you put your iPhone up to your ear when not on a call, it turns on Siri so you can use it like you're making a phone call. It can't be turned off so Don't touch your iPhone there. :)

I don't think you read his problem correctly. The OP sees the screen go dark after initializing the call and the apple logo appears (while still calling) and then after 5 seconds it goes back to normal.

I have not seen that issue before but I have read about others similar, just not specific to when making a call. I don't know what would cause it other than a software bug. If you can recreate it constantly take it back to Apple and show them.

JOHNSIXFOX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Australia
I don't think you read his problem correctly. The OP sees the screen go dark after initializing the call and the apple logo appears (while still calling) and then after 5 seconds it goes back to normal.

I have not seen that issue before but I have read about others similar, just not specific to when making a call. I don't know what would cause it other than a software bug. If you can recreate it constantly take it back to Apple and show them.

@ Vastoholic, You got me right. ofcourse that is the problem and I think it's something related to software.

I will take it to apple store if it happen again.

thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.