Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:50 AM   #1
Yoshios
macrumors newbie

Macbook Air first startup help

Hello there. Like before I ordered the new Air, and it arrives in 9 days, but now I was just wondering how I should do when I get, with the battery and stuff like that. Should I charge the battery to full before starting it? Please give me more info about that.
Yoshios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:52 AM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshios View Post
Hello there. Like before I ordered the new Air, and it arrives in 9 days, but now I was just wondering how I should do when I get, with the battery and stuff like that. Should I charge the battery to full before starting it? Please give me more info about that.
Just turn it on and start using it. You can plug it in to fully charge the battery, as it comes with a partial charge. After that, run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy. The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:55 AM   #3
Yoshios
macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot! I'll take a look at that!
Yoshios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:55 AM   #4
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshios View Post