Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hrv888

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
I bought my ipad 4 last Friday and there is a sale going on this Friday. Would it include the 4? Do they do price adjustments? Or should I return it and get a brand new one? Any thoughts? What happened on the previous Black Friday events?

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
at an apple store and not another retailer??? hear anything about the mini?

yes they would prob do price adjustment

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
Most places that do price adjustments specifically state that it excludes Black Friday deals. I have never dealt with Apple on this but I know for a fact that Best Buy does not do any price matching of Black Friday prices.

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
I bought my ipad 4 last Friday and there is a sale going on this Friday. Would it include the 4? Do they do price adjustments? Or should I return it and get a brand new one? Any thoughts? What happened on the previous Black Friday events?

Did anyone do this last year?

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
Still believe the best deal for the 4 is the Target one with the $60 gift card plus an additional %5 off with the Red Card. Apple has never been one for discounting much.

Best Buy is doing $60 off the price of any wifi ipad 4 or 2 (not a gift card). I ordered on yesterday.

Aboo

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
The iPad 4 at best buy is also a decent deal at 60 off all retina display models. Factor in the few percent you get back as reward zone certificates, it pretty much matches the Target deal. Also BB's deal is available online (not sure if Target's is) and you can use any credit card to purchase (so Amex users can get their extended warranties)

eleite

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
The iPad 4 at best buy is also a decent deal at 60 off all retina display models. Factor in the few percent you get back as reward zone certificates, it pretty much matches the Target deal. Also BB's deal is available online (not sure if Target's is) and you can use any credit card to purchase (so Amex users can get their extended warranties)

just a heads up...looks like the black friday best buy deal is for the ipad 3 https://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/app...++ipadreg+with+retina+display++16gb+with+wifi

not sure if they just havent updated it or what, but the description lists the A5X as the processor

Looks like you got robbed partner... or did you know? I hate how it's getting hard to tell which iPad models retailers are selling.

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
Looks like you got robbed partner... or did you know? I hate how it's getting hard to tell which iPad models retailers are selling.

The models yesterday were definitely the new ipad. The description even lists the A6X processor and lightning connector.

I just checked my order again and it is definitely for model MD514LL/A

And the link that you quote even says that it is for ipad with retina display. Which is the new models Christ it even has one on display.

Last edited:

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Has anyone seen any Black Friday deals out there on the iPad Mini? Or is it too soon for those?

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
The old models also have retina display... and the link is 100% for the old model. A5X processor.

To be fair, I'm a silver member too and checked out e deals yesterday and it was 100% guaranteed the newest model. Said lightening and a6. I was actually doing some math to consider returning mine and grabbing it up.

Looks like they switched them, hope they honor Steve Dave's purchase.

Aboo

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
Yeah ordering it yesterday, I noticed that the Best Buy page had both the third and the fourth gen models (MC and MD prefixes in the part numbers). I ordered the 4th Gen, MD prefix and it discounted it $60 off. The discount was also applicable on the 3rd gen models. I am assuming it will be the same on Thanksgiving day/Black Friday.

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
I actually just got a separate email this morning that has the 3rd gen ipad 32GB for $549 plus a $75 gift card @ Best Buy.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Doubt the ipad mini is gonna go on sale, since apple doesn't even have enough stock for it.

And I assume none of the third party sales apply? If anyone knows of any, please share. Does the Target Red Card 5% thing work on Mini?

msaghirmd

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Does anyone know if macmall.com price matches appl store for their Black Friday event? If so, that would be the absolute best deal: $41 off and save 6-8% ($40 in taxes). And that is real money. Not a gift card that you'll buy to use crap you don't need or really want.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Does anyone know if macmall.com price matches appl store for their Black Friday event? If so, that would be the absolute best deal: $41 off and save 6-8% ($40 in taxes). And that is real money. Not a gift card that you'll buy to use crap you don't need or really want.

No one here knows, but I bet someone at MacMall does. Who knows, maybe someone from MacMall will read this thread and answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.