Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
So, Ive got a Mini 2011 on LAN connection and I've turned on the full quality when using screen sharing. But opposed to my iMac (scrren sharing) the screen sharing is laggy and slow. I use my MBA to remote into them both.

The disks are not so fast on the Mini, but they are fairly fast. The resolution is lower as well, but since the mini is on LAN and the iMac is on wifi I was expecting a more reliable solution.

The box is running utorrent and plex media center. I use screen sharing to manage it since it doenst have its own screen. Any tips?

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Does no one have any feedback on their setup and screen sharing?

For me its perfect on iMac, slow on mini.

MeValonicAcid

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2008
Belgium
Does no one have any feedback on their setup and screen sharing?

For me its perfect on iMac, slow on mini.

Similar setup and issues on responsiveness and laggy/slow over here...
My mini 2009 is connected via LAN (Time Capsule) to the iMac. Using screen sharing to control of the mini via the iMac is not performant at all :(

Screen Sharing>view is set to full quality

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

MVa

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Did you try connecting a video cable or video adapter (such as HDMI to DVI) to the video port? This fixes a lot of problems for people running headless mac minis.

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Did you try connecting a video cable or video adapter (such as HDMI to DVI) to the video port? This fixes a lot of problems for people running headless mac minis.

Mine is not actually headless, its headless most of the time. Its connected to the TV. And it works (as of now at least) as a always on server. So mine is permanently connected via HDMI to my TV. But it can go days between each time i turn on that HDMI channel.

MeValonicAcid

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2008
Belgium

Mine is also permanently connected via HDMI to my TV. I've tried settings 1080p and 720p. Both are laggy over screensharing...
(Network is 100/1000 Megabit)

Grtz,

MVa

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.