Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:03 AM   #1
M0esmac
macrumors 6502a

Education Store + Black friday

Hi,

I'm in UK and I'm a college student.

When Black Friday come here, discounts will be similar as the education, but I think education will be bigger one.

Will it be possible to combine them two and buy a Mac? Or just only one like Education Discount only?

Because when you think, students will not benefit from it at all if its not bigger than current discounts and I get that discount without the Black Friday deal...

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:56 AM   #2
spykthomas
macrumors member

Apple won't give you both discounts. You will get the biggest discount. Which will probably be the student discount. Compare the discounts first, but as a student you will probably also get discounted AppleCare as well, this is dependant on what college/uni you attend.
spykthomas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:44 AM   #3
Efrem
macrumors member

The education store doesn't offer discounts as such. It doesn't say "100 off a MacBook Air" or anything like that. They offer different, often lower, prices. Those prices are what they are. If you find a lower price anywhere else, whether it's a Black Friday sale price on apple.com or a bargain at your local computer shop, you're free to take it. However, you can't say "the education price for this is 100 lower than the usual price, and I'm a student, so I want 100 off your sale price too." It doesn't work that way.
Efrem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:30 AM   #4
M0esmac
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efrem View Post
The education store doesn't offer discounts as such. It doesn't say "100 off a MacBook Air" or anything like that. They offer different, often lower, prices. Those prices are what they are. If you find a lower price anywhere else, whether it's a Black Friday sale price on apple.com or a bargain at your local computer shop, you're free to take it. However, you can't say "the education price for this is 100 lower than the usual price, and I'm a student, so I want 100 off your sale price too." It doesn't work that way.
Don't you think I'm stupid.

Anyway, thanks for advice, now I know I don't have to rush then.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice