Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluebirds

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
First I have had GA for my previous iDevices with no issue and always been more than happy.

So when the wife and I got our iPad 4's first call was GA matte full body for both.

On arrival different size cutouts for the power even though the invoice has a signature that the items were checks. Pic 1

Dropped Lauren at GA a mail to mention the issue. To date no reply.

After installing (picture 2) now over a week ago the screen protector looks like its covered in glitter on both iPad. Yes I have installed in correctly as I have done it loads of times before! I will upload a picture of my iPad 3 if anyones questions my install ability :D or check here https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15877362#post15877362

Dropped Lauren at GA another mail to state problem - To date no reply

On the back of my wives she now has a dark patch appear once it has cured. Will add picture later.

Overal its like a cheap ass version of the previous ones we have had from them in the past.

Can't believe they are sending this rubbish out and have not even replied to my mails. Over $100 delivered to the UK! :mad:

Lesson learnt. Never again :mad:

Attachments

• IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 169

DonnieZ

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
I have GA on my iPad 4 screen and it looks nothing like that. In fact, you can't really even see it. I had it installed on Black Friday, the same day I took the iPad out of the box so this is the latest revision of their material.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, however I bet it has to do with the way you installed it. I let the guys at the GA kiosk in the mall install it and looks great.

Also have it on both my and my wife's iPhone 5 screens and it looks great.

I used to loathe the Ghost Armor kiosk folks because of their shady sales tactics, usually revolving around fear and misinformation, however once I got beyond that and realized that for about the same piece as a Zagg Invisishield or one of the other name brand protectors, I get a lifetime supply of it, replaced whenever I want for free or a few bucks if I let them install it, it's a no brainier for the screen at least. What they get for the full device is insane though and I'd never pay that.

Honestly, I can recommend Ghost Armor and this is not an example of what it should look like if properly installed.

bluebirds

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I have GA on my iPad 4 screen and it looks nothing like that. In fact, you can't really even see it. I had it installed on Black Friday, the same day I took the iPad out of the box so this is the latest revision of their material.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, however I bet it has to do with the way you installed it. I let the guys at the GA kiosk in the mall install it and looks great.

Also have it on both my and my wife's iPhone 5 screens and it looks great.

I used to loathe the Ghost Armor kiosk folks because of their shady sales tactics, usually revolving around fear and misinformation, however once I got beyond that and realized that for about the same piece as a Zagg Invisishield or one of the other name brand protectors, I get a lifetime supply of it, replaced whenever I want for free or a few bucks if I let them install it, it's a no brainier for the screen at least. What they get for the full device is insane though and I'd never pay that.

Honestly, I can recommend Ghost Armor and this is not an example of what it should look like if properly installed.

Check the link in post 1. I have done this before on other device with no issue. I was very impressed with it on the ip5 which is why I am annoyed at the poor quality and customer service this time round. For a start to send different cut out backs is poor without the glitter effect on the screen protectors!

Just to add I finally have a response from GA. Tear them off and send them back international shipping at my cost! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.