Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dabellinator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
I need help and can't find a solution anywhere, and I have spent many hours searching. I have a Macbook Air (2011) that is running Mountain Lion (Just 10.8). This morning I used the mac and experienced no issues at all. This afternoon I get on the computer and go to my hotmail account and safari displays it in a way that I don't really know how to explain. It had no images, no frame boxes and just unaligned text everywhere. Ebay was the same. At first, I thought that maybe I need to update things as I haven't done so since I upgraded to Mountain Lion when it first came out. So I went to the App Store and it just tries to load for ages and then eventually states "Cannot Connect to the App Store: An internet connection is required". Clearly I have no issue with the internet as I have been using the same computers internet to try and find a solution.

So then I thought maybe give it a break, so I shut down the computer and left it for a few hours, come back to it and the same problems are still occuring.Just in case it's important I am in Australia.

What I also found interesting is apples own websites help section times out and fails to load in safari.

I desperately need to get this problem solved ASAP to complete my studies for the year. Has anyone experienced the same problem or have a solution for the issue.

Many thanks in advance.

dabellinator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
After many hours I have now worked out that it isn't my mac that is causing the problem. But rather my connection to the internet. I have tried connecting to my phone and all works. Any ideas?

JoshBoy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Sydney, Australia
i have the same issue. Through wifi app store or apple website wont connect, if i teather my iphone they both work. I am with Telstra for both home internet and mobile?????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.