Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:42 AM   #1
shortie8512
macrumors member

Angry Is it me or is iOS 6 very unstable?

Anyone else having problems with iOS6 on their iPad 2?
  • Apps don't install from the App Store half the time. The same issue occurs when I download them to my iMac and try to sync them across - lots of them fail to install during the sync from iTunes to my iPad.
  • When I updated to latest version it didn't fully install properly and trashed the iPad. I ended up having to wipe the iPad from iTunes and run the update from there.
  • I have had numerous instances where I have started an app and it just shuts down immediately. As soon as I reboot my iPad the app starts up fine. Or similar issues where I am using an app and it just terminates and then won't restart.
  • I've had numerous lock-ups where I've been using my iPad and the thing has completely locked up / frozen and I had to shut it down and restart it.

Any idea how I roll back to iOS5? At least it is reliable!
shortie8512 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:19 AM   #2
Celeron
macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a hardware problem to me. I haven't experienced any of the things you've listed.
Celeron is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:22 AM   #3
InertProtocol
macrumors newbie

Same here, iPad2. running version 6 and no issues at all.
InertProtocol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:23 AM   #4
quasinormal
Banned

iPad 2 on iOS 6.0.1 here. No problems at all.

Tried a complete reinstall redownloading the update?
quasinormal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:26 AM   #5
panzer06
macrumors 68030

iPad 3, iPad Mini and iPhone 5 and none of these issues are present. Perhaps it's just your device.

Cheers,
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:35 AM   #6
iapplelove
Banned

Zero issues. iOS6 smooth
iapplelove is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:38 AM   #7
rocknblogger
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Skype™ to rocknblogger
iOS 6 on iPad 2, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S, no issues to speak of.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:38 AM   #8
kodeman53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie8512 View Post
Is it me or is iOS 6 very unstable?
It's you, specifically your device.
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:55 AM   #9
smoking monkey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
  • Apps don't install from the App Store half the time. The same issue occurs when I download them to my iMac and try to sync them across - lots of them fail to install during the sync from iTunes to my iPad.
  • When I updated to latest version it didn't fully install properly and trashed the iPad. I ended up having to wipe the iPad from iTunes and run the update from there.
  • I have had numerous instances where I have started an app and it just shuts down immediately. As soon as I reboot my iPad the app starts up fine. Or similar issues where I am using an app and it just terminates and then won't restart.
  • I've had numerous lock-ups where I've been using my iPad and the thing has completely locked up / frozen and I had to shut it down and restart it.

1. I've had this a few times. You push the install/get app button but nothing happens. It could be when the ipad is already working hard downloading another app.

2. No problems here.

3. That's not just ios6. That's been going on since year dot. Often times it's the app. Sometimes they advise to restart your iPad after installing the app. Other times mine will give up when I got a heap of app open. It happens rarely, but it does happen. That's also been happening for yonks.

4. Haven't had this happen.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:06 AM   #10
VFC
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking monkey View Post
1. I've had this a few times. You push the install/get app button but nothing happens. It could be when the ipad is already working hard downloading another app.
I have noticed that a few times myself on my iPad 3.

I also noticed the app update notification is not always correct. Sometimes it indicates one or more app have pending updates (Red circle with number inside) and when I go to the Store to perform the updates, it shows no pending updates. All started with the 6.0 update.
VFC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:00 AM   #11
snow755
macrumors regular

Quote:

you can not roll back too IOS 5 but I would take your Ipad 2 too apple and have them check it out
snow755 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:01 AM   #12
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

I have found 6 to be very stable.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:13 AM   #13
AlanKA
macrumors member

Quote:
I have had numerous instances where I have started an app and it just shuts down immediately. As soon as I reboot my iPad the app starts up fine. Or similar issues where I am using an app and it just terminates and then won't restart.
I've had this happens with apps on my Mini, like Pitfall. Worked initially, but now everytime I try to load it I get a crash and the app just bails out.
AlanKA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:53 AM   #14
blarivee
macrumors 6502

iOS 6 on iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, no problems at all.
blarivee is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad