Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:52 PM   #226
WilliamLondon
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelveticaRoman View Post
I didn't realise Oxford had a resident professor of sarcasm; he's very good though.
Yeah, sarcasm is the weapon of choice for those who have neither wit nor strength. ;-)
WilliamLondon is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:29 PM   #227
dampfnudel
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanzantapple View Post
I'm gonna lay my wager on Apple NOT putting a Retina Display in the Mini within a 18 months of it's launch. But the price will fall a bit.
Why not? The biggest criticism of the iPad mini is the non-retina display. I think you're correct about one thing, a price drop...for a 1st generation 16GB iPad mini, which will sold alongside the 2nd generation iPad mini with retina display. Maybe a price of $229. Both should be released right before the back to school sales begin.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:33 PM   #228
Tech198
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampfnudel View Post
Why not? The biggest criticism of the iPad mini is the non-retina display. I think you're correct about one thing, a price drop...for a 1st generation 16GB iPad mini, which will sold alongside the 2nd generation iPad mini with retina display. Maybe a price of $229. Both should be released right before the back to school sales begin.
It would have made more sense to "flip flop" .... Bring the Retina mini out now, then see what happens ...... maybe then bring out the regular mini. That would get more attention.

"Apple hooks a line of people, then reels in their fishing rods."
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:48 PM   #229
nia820
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakone View Post
iPad mini retina sounds yummy
it should have been retina from the start. i was ready to gladly hand over my money to apple for an ipad mini. but then when i found out it had no retina i decided to keep my monies.
nia820 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:52 PM   #230
T-R-S
macrumors member

Steve Jobs was a true visionary.
In the last decade her was alive - he helped innovate only 3 products that changed the decade a lot.
The iPod, The iPad and the iPhone.
He was a remarkable man so that is gone at Apple.
And from what I can tell about the iPhone 5 it just as not quite there. I am sure he had a lot to do with the IP5 is "almost" but it is just rough around the edges.
SJ is tough act to follow.
I get a lot dropped calls something that happened super rare on my 4S.
I have other issues like it does not work with certain wifi routers.
Even my rMBP has issues just little things that are annoying.
Apple has to pull up it's socks as people want stuff that works!
T-R-S is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:57 PM   #231
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

maybe it's the carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-S View Post
I get a lot dropped calls something that happened super rare on my 4S.
Had dinner with a friend last night, who said "my Iphone hasn't dropped a call since I dropped AT&T for Verizon".

And he's a top notch fanboy (except when he used to ask to borrow my Verizon phone because his AT&T Apple phone couldn't get a signal)
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:10 AM   #232
xofruitcake
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampfnudel View Post
heh heh, how do you get the $229 price point? Did you listen to the Apple earning call a few weeks ago when Oppenheimer covered Ipad mini's gross margin? Google is willing to loss money on every Nexus 7 that they sell and Apple don't. If they are not selling Ipad mini now at 229, why would they sell them in a few month at $229? do you have some insight as to how the product cost drop by $100 a tablet in a few months?
xofruitcake is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:54 AM   #233
Abazigal
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmChimera View Post
If that were true, the TV business would be dead. People upgrade to bigger and better TVs when they can afford them. I don't think someone that buys a TV today is going to go out and buy an Apple TV in November, but for the guy who has a 3 year old TV, I think it's likely that he would consider it.
The CRT Tv in my bedroom has been in use for close to 20 years now, and has only just kicked the bucket. Pretty much the only reason I would consider replacing it.
Abazigal is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:57 AM   #234
rwalk31
macrumors newbie

mmm...no

I highly doubt they will be able to fit a Retina powered/sized battery into the MBA and still maintain the profile at this point, nor do I think a battery small enough for a mini will drive a retina display without impacting battery life..size and weight...

just my 2 cents..
rwalk31 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:35 AM   #235
T-R-S
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenShaw View Post
Had dinner with a friend last night, who said "my Iphone hasn't dropped a call since I dropped AT&T for Verizon".

And he's a top notch fanboy (except when he used to ask to borrow my Verizon phone because his AT&T Apple phone couldn't get a signal)
Except that I am not in the US... I do travel and had nice AT&T service in Hawaii.
T-R-S is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion