Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:13 PM   #1
shenfrey
macrumors 6502a

Siri updates

When they perform updates to Siri is it likely it will be a software update or will you need a new phone? For example, I have an iPhone 5, if next year they announce major improvements to Siri what are the chances of us all being able to experience it, or the lucky few who are close to upgrading their contract only going to be able to experience it?

Thanks guys
Apple TV (2012), IPhone 5, iPad (4th Gen)
shenfrey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:16 PM   #2
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenfrey View Post
When they perform updates to Siri is it likely it will be a software update or will you need a new phone? For example, I have an iPhone 5, if next year they announce major improvements to Siri what are the chances of us all being able to experience it, or the lucky few who are close to upgrading their contract only going to be able to experience it?

Thanks guys
I think folks with an iPhone 4S and 5 as well as iPad 3 and 4 should get any updates next year. At least that's my expectation.
SandboxGeneral is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:16 PM   #3
FSMBP
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenfrey View Post

Thanks guys
Just look at what they just did with iOS 6...long story short: they will update it via software to work on your iPhone 5.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:36 PM   #4
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

I'm sure they'll upgrade siri for all devices.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone