Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
As the title states. How can I have 98% battery life with 40 minutes of usage and about 4 hours of standby?

It was at 100% just 2 minutes ago.

Battery not accurate? Or something else is wrong?

Thoughts or opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 196

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
As the title states. How can I have 98% battery life with 40 minutes of usage and about 4 hours of standby?

It was at 100% just 2 minutes ago.

Battery not accurate? Or something else is wrong?

Thoughts or opinions?

Thanks in advance.

usually the first couple of % takes a while.. whats the problem? whats your usage after a full day??

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
profit? :D

How long have you had this phone? I guess it could be a non-calibrated battery. I'm no expert obviously. See what happens when you run it down and how long you get.

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
usually the first couple of % takes a while.. whats the problem? whats your usage after a full day??

Last night, if i remember correctly, it was it was about 4 hours and 19 minutes usage and standby (I forgot, I should have taken a scree shot), but the battery showed about 49%, before I charged it.

Thanks, I did not know it took a while for the first few percentages.

----------

profit? :D

How long have you had this phone? I guess it could be a non-calibrated battery. I'm no expert obviously. See what happens when you run it down and how long you get.

This would be the second day with this phone (it was a replacement phone which was flawless EXCEPT for a slight scratch on the back plate aluminum - Week 37 Serial No. DN for those who care - seems to be a new phone or store return?).

I already use it out of the box and drained all the way down to 1 % then did a full charge to 100%. Use it all the way down to 1% again, and did a full charge.

Last night, charged it starting at 49%.

I was trying to condition the battery. Was not sure how many times I have to bring it down to 1% and full charge cycles.

Thanks.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Mine has done this a few times... maybe not the one I currently have but maybe my first one (sent back for a defect). Somewhere, I have floating around a screencap of nearly 11 hours standby and my battery still at 100%.

Whatever. It's a phone. It'll do it once in a while. Do a hard reset and move along. No need to fret.

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Mine has done this a few times... maybe not the one I currently have but maybe my first one (sent back for a defect). Somewhere, I have floating around a screencap of nearly 11 hours standby and my battery still at 100%.

Whatever. It's a phone. It'll do it once in a while. Do a hard reset and move along. No need to fret.

Thanks, was just curious. My original phone didn't do that.

Not a major problem for now. I will probably live with it until I notice it does not last the entire day for me with light to moderate usage.

I will just do full charge and drain a few more times and do the hard reset as you mentioned.

Thanks all.

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
This would be the second day with this phone (it was a replacement phone which was flawless EXCEPT for a slight scratch on the back plate aluminum - Week 37 Serial No. DN for those who care - seems to be a new phone or store return?).

I already use it out of the box and drained all the way down to 1 % then did a full charge to 100%. Use it all the way down to 1% again, and did a full charge.

Last night, charged it starting at 49%.

I was trying to condition the battery. Was not sure how many times I have to bring it down to 1% and full charge cycles.

Thanks.

So your previous phone you were getting better battery life with same usage/settings etc? What stats were u getting?

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK

I have no idea if it matters but do you ever let it die completely? Whenever I run my battery down I run it until the phone actually shuts off by itself. One time it sat on 1% for I swear 20 minutes even with watching a couple of short 5 minute videos that were on my phone.

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
I have no idea if it matters but do you ever let it die completely? Whenever I run my battery down I run it until the phone actually shuts off by itself. One time it sat on 1% for I swear 20 minutes even with watching a couple of short 5 minute videos that were on my phone.

Thanks, I took your advice/suggestion and tried doing two cycles of draining the battery until it shut off and you are right, the last 1% felt like 20 minutes. The results are attached. 8 hours and 28 minutes and the other was 9 hours and 30 minutes. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 84

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Thanks, I took your advice/suggestion and tried doing to cycles of draining the battery until it shut off and you are right, the last 1% felt like 20 minutes. The result are attached. 8.hours and 28 minutes and the other was 9 hours and 30 minutes. Thanks for your help.
Second cycle. Seems I can only attach 1 file per post from my phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 63
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.