Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:34 PM   #1
sillywabbit
macrumors regular

98% 40 minute usage or 4 hours standby

As the title states. How can I have 98% battery life with 40 minutes of usage and about 4 hours of standby?

It was at 100% just 2 minutes ago.

Battery not accurate? Or something else is wrong?

Thoughts or opinions?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	378645  
sillywabbit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:45 PM   #2
BFizzzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbit View Post
As the title states. How can I have 98% battery life with 40 minutes of usage and about 4 hours of standby?

It was at 100% just 2 minutes ago.

Battery not accurate? Or something else is wrong?

Thoughts or opinions?

Thanks in advance.
usually the first couple of % takes a while.. whats the problem? whats your usage after a full day??
BFizzzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:45 PM   #3
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

profit?

How long have you had this phone? I guess it could be a non-calibrated battery. I'm no expert obviously. See what happens when you run it down and how long you get.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:02 PM   #4
sillywabbit
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFizzzle View Post
usually the first couple of % takes a while.. whats the problem? whats your usage after a full day??
Last night, if i remember correctly, it was it was about 4 hours and 19 minutes usage and standby (I forgot, I should have taken a scree shot), but the battery showed about 49%, before I charged it.

Thanks, I did not know it took a while for the first few percentages.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastoholic View Post
profit?

How long have you had this phone? I guess it could be a non-calibrated battery. I'm no expert obviously. See what happens when you run it down and how long you get.
This would be the second day with this phone (it was a replacement phone which was flawless EXCEPT for a slight scratch on the back plate aluminum - Week 37 Serial No. DN for those who care - seems to be a new phone or store return?).

I already use it out of the box and drained all the way down to 1 % then did a full charge to 100%. Use it all the way down to 1% again, and did a full charge.

Last night, charged it starting at 49%.

I was trying to condition the battery. Was not sure how many times I have to bring it down to 1% and full charge cycles.

Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:25 PM   #5
Leonard1818
macrumors 68000

Mine has done this a few times... maybe not the one I currently have but maybe my first one (sent back for a defect). Somewhere, I have floating around a screencap of nearly 11 hours standby and my battery still at 100%.

Whatever. It's a phone. It'll do it once in a while. Do a hard reset and move along. No need to fret.
Leonard1818 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:40 PM   #6
sillywabbit
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard1818 View Post
Mine has done this a few times... maybe not the one I currently have but maybe my first one (sent back for a defect). Somewhere, I have floating around a screencap of nearly 11 hours standby and my battery still at 100%.

Whatever. It's a phone. It'll do it once in a while. Do a hard reset and move along. No need to fret.
Thanks, was just curious. My original phone didn't do that.

Not a major problem for now. I will probably live with it until I notice it does not last the entire day for me with light to moderate usage.

I will just do full charge and drain a few more times and do the hard reset as you mentioned.

Thanks all.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:31 PM   #7
washburn
macrumors 6502

Quote:
This would be the second day with this phone (it was a replacement phone which was flawless EXCEPT for a slight scratch on the back plate aluminum - Week 37 Serial No. DN for those who care - seems to be a new phone or store return?).

I already use it out of the box and drained all the way down to 1 % then did a full charge to 100%. Use it all the way down to 1% again, and did a full charge.

Last night, charged it starting at 49%.

I was trying to condition the battery. Was not sure how many times I have to bring it down to 1% and full charge cycles.

Thanks.
So your previous phone you were getting better battery life with same usage/settings etc? What stats were u getting?
washburn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:39 PM   #8
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I have no idea if it matters but do you ever let it die completely? Whenever I run my battery down I run it until the phone actually shuts off by itself. One time it sat on 1% for I swear 20 minutes even with watching a couple of short 5 minute videos that were on my phone.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:50 PM   #9
sillywabbit
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastoholic View Post
I have no idea if it matters but do you ever let it die completely? Whenever I run my battery down I run it until the phone actually shuts off by itself. One time it sat on 1% for I swear 20 minutes even with watching a couple of short 5 minute videos that were on my phone.
Thanks, I took your advice/suggestion and tried doing two cycles of draining the battery until it shut off and you are right, the last 1% felt like 20 minutes. The results are attached. 8 hours and 28 minutes and the other was 9 hours and 30 minutes. Thanks for your help.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	5
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	379286  
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:52 PM   #10
sillywabbit
macrumors regular

Quote:
Thanks, I took your advice/suggestion and tried doing to cycles of draining the battery until it shut off and you are right, the last 1% felt like 20 minutes. The result are attached. 8.hours and 28 minutes and the other was 9 hours and 30 minutes. Thanks for your help.
Second cycle. Seems I can only attach 1 file per post from my phone.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	5
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	379287  

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone