Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MB98XJ

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, and I've found quite a few different answers. My MacBook Pro crashed and I had to get a hard drive replaced so I've got a fresh MacBook Pro and an iPhone that isn't backed up to anything. I've got about 16 gigs of pictures and videos I'd like to save. Help! How do I back up my iPhone to the "new" MacBook Pro and still save everything?

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, and I've found quite a few different answers. My MacBook Pro crashed and I had to get a hard drive replaced so I've got a fresh MacBook Pro and an iPhone that isn't backed up to anything. I've got about 16 gigs of pictures and videos I'd like to save. Help! How do I back up my iPhone to the "new" MacBook Pro and still save everything?

First you may copy out all the photos and videos to your new MacBook Pro by ifunbox or image capture app of OS X or iPhoto. Then the rest can be backed up to iCloud using the 5GB free space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.