Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:02 PM   #1
swifty69
macrumors newbie

ipad 2 16G has died need help!! PLEASE!!

only had ipad2 for a year & 2 months it has died so i sent it for service via ups back to apple they told me it sounded like problems with hardware as the back light still came on but nothing on screen done all the resets, wiped it clean started again nothin!!!
apple sent me mail to say they will not service it because it has non apple parts in it when i asked what the parts were they told me antenna so they washed there hands of me funny that its not left me all year and someone has sneaked a hooky antenna in there wtf!!!!
swifty69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:16 PM   #2
kitzuki
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty69 View Post
only had ipad2 for a year & 2 months it has died so i sent it for service via ups back to apple they told me it sounded like problems with hardware as the back light still came on but nothing on screen done all the resets, wiped it clean started again nothin!!!
apple sent me mail to say they will not service it because it has non apple parts in it when i asked what the parts were they told me antenna so they washed there hands of me funny that its not left me all year and someone has sneaked a hooky antenna in there wtf!!!!
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

On a serious note are there any apple store around you? I would take it there ask to speak to a manager, show them your work order, hopefully if you plead you case they will swap it.
kitzuki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:36 PM   #3
swifty69
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitzuki View Post
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

On a serious note are there any apple store around you? I would take it there ask to speak to a manager, show them your work order, hopefully if you plead you case they will swap it.
apple shop about 100 mile round trip thats the reason for return by post but that has got to be my next option fingers crossed they will help!!

its gutting when i brought this and a mac at the same time from a shop they turned me around showed me the door told me to ring apple care
Code:
    NOTAHAPPYBUNNY
swifty69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:11 PM   #4
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty69 View Post
If there are non-Apple parts in the iPad, it's possible the shop that sold you the products cheated you by not providing a brand new device. Sounds like it was refurbished by the shop or a third-party. You could take that letter from Apple to the shop that sold you the iPad and demand your money back or a replacement.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:30 AM   #5
Fruit Cake
macrumors 6502a

Non apple antenna? Screen I can understand but antenna? Smells like ******** to me.
Fruit Cake is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad