Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I was at an AT&T store earlier getting the gf a white iPhone 5. Before they rang it up I asked to open it up and look at it and low and behold the phone had scuffs all around the band. The manager came over and he took a look and went to the back and grabbed a new one that was perfect. Just glad we were able to walk out with a phone that didn't have any imperfections and the gf was happy she finally gets to get rid of her iPhone 4.

Applefan17

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2012
Stuff like this is always good to hear. I personally went to the AT&T store yesterday because I wanted to switch and get myself an iPhone 5. The nice sales rep gave me great customer service and walked me through everything. He even offered to waive all of my activation fees right away before I even left the store. I'll definitely be going there today to pick up my new iPhone and start my service with AT&T!

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Stuff like this is always good to hear. I personally went to the AT&T store yesterday because I wanted to switch and get myself an iPhone 5. The nice sales rep gave me great customer service and walked me through everything. He even offered to waive all of my activation fees right away before I even left the store. I'll definitely be going there today to pick up my new iPhone and start my service with AT&T!

Yea i'm gonna call at&t customer service today and see if they can waive the activation fee for me also. I was just surprised that they had any iPhone 5s in the back. I thought we were gonna have to wait weeks for the phone.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I was at an AT&T store earlier getting the gf a white iPhone 5. Before they rang it up I asked to open it up and look at it and low and behold the phone had scuffs all around the band. The manager came over and he took a look and went to the back and grabbed a new one that was perfect. Just glad we were able to walk out with a phone that didn't have any imperfections and the gf was happy she finally gets to get rid of her iPhone 4.

Congratulations. Att did what any decent company should do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.