Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:46 PM   #1
sundog925
macrumors 6502a

Taylor Swift's "RED"

....is stuck on replay on my iTunes, pod and phone.

Anyone else have a favorite album they have been listening to?
sundog925 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:07 PM   #2
fireshot91
macrumors 601

I *love* RED.

But that may be because I'm a gigantic Swiftie.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:11 PM   #3
EstaVidaLoca
macrumors regular

I love "I Knew You Were Trouble." and "22" those are my guilty pleasure songs.
EstaVidaLoca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:06 AM   #4
wvuwhat
macrumors 65816

I used to like Taylor Swift. But, I will not be buying this album, because I find it to be like Adele's album about losing love. Will never buy another Swift album. Probably will buy another Adele album, because she actually has talent/a voice.

But, I'll play along. Jason Aldean's "Night Train" is the only album I've been listening to since it was released.

But, I'm a sports talk radio type of guy on my commute.
wvuwhat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:39 AM   #5
sundog925
macrumors 6502a

It's a tie for me, "Holy Ground" and "All to Well" are my #1 and 2. The whole CD is art really. Her songwriting is just WORLDS above anyone else right now. Ultra talented.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:21 AM   #6
leftywamumonkey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuwhat View Post
I used to like Taylor Swift. But, I will not be buying this album, because I find it to be like Adele's album about losing love. Will never buy another Swift album. Probably will buy another Adele album, because she actually has talent/a voice.
I think it's harsh to say that T-Swizzle doesn't have actual talent or a voice. She performs her songs live well and great compared to other artists today.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:05 PM   #7
emt1
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstaVidaLoca View Post
I love "I Knew You Were Trouble." and "22" those are my guilty pleasure songs.
Listening to 22 as I type this. I have to admit that in the first line I'm always expecting her to say

"It feels like a perfect night, to dress up like Hitler"
emt1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:15 PM   #8
panda bear
macrumors 68000

I wasn't very impressed. I listened to it a couple times and just couldn't get into it.

I always end up really liking her songs that I hear on the radio. I think she's really talented and i've always said that whoever manages her career is a pretty smart person.

I see her cleanly transitioning and growing with her fans and continuing to make albums well into her 30's and 40's if that's what she wants to do.

All these women that sell the sexual aspect are basically ensuring that they are not relevant once that sex factor goes away.
panda bear is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:18 PM   #9

'Battle Born' by The Killers.
184550 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:45 AM   #10
touchipods
macrumors regular

Quote:

But, I'll play along. Jason Aldean's "Night Train" is the only album I've been listening to since it was released.

I'm a guy (sorry if only girls are commenting in this thread as I can't tell) but I've never liked Taylor Swift songs. Her songs are mostly the same (break-up or trying to hook up) and I don't like her voice that much. Also she tries to act like a pop star when she is clearly country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMNT925 View Post
It's a tie for me, "Holy Ground" and "All to Well" are my #1 and 2. The whole CD is art really. Her songwriting is just WORLDS above anyone else right now. Ultra talented.
Really? I admit some songs have catchy beats but I'd never put in my music collection. I have over 30% female artists/bands and my favorite female singers are those with a powerful voice. Currently singing and still making albums are Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson. IMO they are better songwriters but perhaps since I'm a guy, girls feel different?

Again I don't know if you are male or female. One of the problems with the internet at times. Sorry if I stepped over my boundary and I'm the only guy commenting here.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:36 AM   #11
panda bear
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchipods View Post
I'm a guy (sorry if only girls are commenting in this thread as I can't tell) but I've never liked Taylor Swift songs. Her songs are mostly the same (break-up or trying to hook up) and I don't like her voice that much. Also she tries to act like a pop star when she is clearly country.

Really? I admit some songs have catchy beats but I'd never put in my music collection. I have over 30% female artists/bands and my favorite female singers are those with a powerful voice. Currently singing and still making albums are Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson. IMO they are better songwriters but perhaps since I'm a guy, girls feel different?

Again I don't know if you are male or female. One of the problems with the internet at times. Sorry if I stepped over my boundary and I'm the only guy commenting here.
What's wrong with crossing over genres? You gain more fans that way and she neatly fits in to whichever genre you choose to put her in.

I wasn't even really aware that people cared about genres anymore. I don't even use genres in my iTunes anymore.

Most of these people don't really write their own songs. Kelly Clarkson? Love her, but no.. a lot of her songs are written by others. As is the same with most other "pop" artists.

I don't think that T. Swift is even close to being a great songwriter, BUT you can't deny that her songs are really catchy. And in her style of music, that's mostly what matters.
panda bear is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:07 PM   #12
Ariii
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to Ariii Send a message via AIM to Ariii Send a message via MSN to Ariii Send a message via Yahoo to Ariii
Quote:

Taylor Swift has both, especially compared to what else is playing on pop music stations. It's the content of the music that's not as good, except for a couple songs she's done IMO. (Then again, the only country album that I've actually liked is Shelby Lynne's Temptations, so I might not be able to judge Taylor Swift . )
Tumblr
Ariii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:37 AM   #13
sundog925
macrumors 6502a

I'm a 26 year old male. I admit I like all kinds of music, pop mostly, but as far as country as well. I suppose Taylor strikes a chord with me since I compare her to the likes of Shania Twain, same type. People say Taylor's too pop, but so is Shania, and people love Shania endlessly.

I elaborate more on her songwriting, I mean even the opening lines of the title track are "Loving him is like driving a new maserati down a dead end street." I don't care what anyone says, that's brilliant songwriting.

There's a song called Treacherous where she writes "I'd be smart to walk away, but your quicksand." Another amazing line in "All to Well" she says "you call me up again to break me like a promise so casually cruel in the name of being honest."

I dont know about everyone, but I totally appreciate these overlooked lines and see the beauty in amazing writing. Even on her old CD "Speak Now" on the song "Mine", she says 'you made a rebel of a careless mans careful daughter'. Most people her age write about....well...what does Justin Bieber write about? Fire and fondue? There's such a difference.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:03 AM   #14
touchipods
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda bear View Post
What's wrong with crossing over genres? You gain more fans that way and she neatly fits in to whichever genre you choose to put her in.

I wasn't even really aware that people cared about genres anymore. I don't even use genres in my iTunes anymore.

Most of these people don't really write their own songs. Kelly Clarkson? Love her, but no.. a lot of her songs are written by others. As is the same with most other "pop" artists.

I don't think that T. Swift is even close to being a great songwriter, BUT you can't deny that her songs are really catchy. And in her style of music, that's mostly what matters.
True. Kelly's hit song 'Breakaway' was written by Avril Lavigne several years before. Most of the artists/bands in the current mainstream I don't like anyways-especially the new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMNT925 View Post
I'm a 26 year old male. I admit I like all kinds of music, pop mostly, but as far as country as well. I suppose Taylor strikes a chord with me since I compare her to the likes of Shania Twain, same type. People say Taylor's too pop, but so is Shania, and people love Shania endlessly.

I elaborate more on her songwriting, I mean even the opening lines of the title track are "Loving him is like driving a new maserati down a dead end street." I don't care what anyone says, that's brilliant songwriting.

There's a song called Treacherous where she writes "I'd be smart to walk away, but your quicksand." Another amazing line in "All to Well" she says "you call me up again to break me like a promise so casually cruel in the name of being honest."

I dont know about everyone, but I totally appreciate these overlooked lines and see the beauty in amazing writing. Even on her old CD "Speak Now" on the song "Mine", she says 'you made a rebel of a careless mans careful daughter'. Most people her age write about....well...what does Justin Bieber write about? Fire and fondue? There's such a difference.
I'm not a country guy but I do like Shania Twain because her voice/lyrics are good. Same goes with Faith Hill.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion