Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:25 PM   #51
Mackan
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
Now is the time to BUY Apple stock, as much as you can possibly afford. I'm taking next month's rent money and buying. I figure that I'll make a tidy profit and still pay the rent. You can't lose with AAPL!
I can afford one share. But perhaps it's worth to buy it, to get the $2 dividend, which I can buy a banana for.
Mackan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:46 PM   #52
SatManager
macrumors Demi-God

My sister ordered one through the Apple store on 15 Oct and she just received the shipping notification that she will receive it on 23 Nov. So 5 weeks for her Verizon iphone 5. She even called them up and asked about the delay and the phone drone said that it was normal.

But I got my iPhone 5 the day it was released after staying up past midnight!
SatManager is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:59 PM   #53
lars666
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekev View Post
He's often sarcastic. This was probably one of those times.
I thought about that for a second, but if you're right, I have to admit that the sarcasm went over my head cause it wasn't exaggerated TOO much (especially if you consider other posts concerning Apple stocks here) and I didn't know his previous posts. Well, however...
lars666 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:28 PM   #54

When will all the refurbs be available?
725032 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:32 PM   #55
jctevere
macrumors regular

I don't think that this chart is anywhere near accurate... It is still very hard to find iPhone 5's instock at any store. Perhaps they check in the morning or see who got a delivery and record that as "in-stock".

However, as we all know, stores with units in stock sell out fairly quickly, making them not so "in-stock". Haha.

With that said, I was able to pick up another iPhone 5 for my sister at a local AT&T store this morning (got the last one left in stock)! Fortunately I lucked out on launch day, as soon as I arrived at the AT&T store, casually strolling in around noon like I owned the place, a FedEx truck carrying a fresh shipment just arrived. I should have played the lotto that day!
jctevere is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:52 PM   #56
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars666 View Post
I thought about that for a second, but if you're right, I have to admit that the sarcasm went over my head cause it wasn't exaggerated TOO much (especially if you consider other posts concerning Apple stocks here) and I didn't know his previous posts. Well, however...
I remembered some of his other posts where sarcasm was obvious. It doesn't read well on forums and message boards compared to hearing it. I'm a bit conservative in terms of investment. I hate lop sided things. With Apple, they should be around for a long time. Their stock will reach the previous plateau again as long as growth continues. It doesn't mean they'll be back at $700 soon (it could happen). It matters that you can afford to hold though regardless of where you're buying it. Otherwise the potential is there to lock in losses on an incorrect prediction.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:59 PM   #57
lilo777
Banned

Quote:
It will be interesting to see the quarterly results that actually include the new iPhone for a whole quarter. No other single phone can beat it.

But the real test of Smartphones is profits, and Apple ALWAYS beats Sammy's butt there.
I also always buy the phone that brings most profits. I do this with cars too. That's why I am driving Toyota Camry.

----------

Quote:
Now is the time to BUY Apple stock, as much as you can possibly afford. I'm taking next month's rent money and buying. I figure that I'll make a tidy profit and still pay the rent. You can't lose with AAPL!
I might have read about a hedge fund that went bankrupt in recent weeks because they put all their money into AAPL when it was close to $700. The reality is that while AAPL might go a little higher the only long term direction for it from here is down.
lilo777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:29 PM   #58
ratsg
macrumors regular

I'm going to mark this thread as a fail.

I ordered my iPhone online the morning of 13 November, and when I placed my order, estimates (per the store) were 2 - 3 weeks. As I check my order status currently, I show a delivery date of 10 December 2012.

In another note, I went to a local Apple store last weekend to check out the iPad mini, and there was a healthy sized line. I asked what it was all about, and it was for iPhone 5's. Apparently they were expecting a shipment of phone, and people were lined to to get what they could.
ratsg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:30 PM   #59
hrishidev
macrumors regular

Got two unlocked iPhone 5- One white & other one black by justing walking inside retail store on 2nd Nov in India. Loving my iPhone,Having fun

hahaha ..... I know you already started hating me
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:58 PM   #60
blue22
macrumors 6502

bingo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadua View Post
Why on earth didn't the person who made that graph align the graph colors with the colors of the company logos?
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking too!
blue22 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:08 PM   #61
SactoGuy18
macrumors 68020

Send a message via Yahoo to SactoGuy18
I would have gotten an iPhone 5 (32 GB) by now thanks to better phone supply now, but the prices for the cellphone monthly pricing plans are just ungodly expensive for either AT&T or Verizon!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:16 PM   #62
TallManNY
macrumors 68000

How is the supply in China? Until Apple has enough stock to satisfy US, China and Europe, I'd say the supply is still constrained.

Oh wait, is it still not officially on sale in China?
TallManNY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:34 PM   #63
ixodes
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-rad g View Post
Thank You! Getting tired of hearing all this "Samesung" crap! If I wasn't immersed in the Apple Ecosystem I would have an SG3.
Excuses, excuses... LOL

You have no idea just how much you are missing out on.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:42 PM   #64
macquariumguy
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to macquariumguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonlynch View Post
Why on earth did whoever made this graph mix the carriers' colors around?
Carriers have colors? Who pays attention to that kind of minutiae?
macquariumguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:21 PM   #65
Lannoc
macrumors newbie

I preordered mine from my carrier here in Canada on Sept. 14. Picked it up in store on Sept 21. It appears that reseller stores have stock, just not Apple stores.
Lannoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:34 PM   #66
Lannoc
macrumors newbie

----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilo777 View Post
I also always buy the phone that brings most profits. I do this with cars too. That's why I am driving Toyota Camry.

----------

I might have read about a hedge fund that went bankrupt in recent weeks because they put all their money into AAPL when it was close to $700. The reality is that while AAPL might go a little higher the only long term direction for it from here is down.
In other news, Bloomberg surveys 62 analysts with a 12 month average target price of 766.60.

Last edited by Lannoc; Nov 21, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
Lannoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:47 PM   #67
SPUY767
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I was being sarcastic, because as is usually the case, pundits will cite this as evidence that no one wants the iPhone.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:04 PM   #68
RobertMartens
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bchagey View Post
After having the same phone for 2 years, then finally getting my upgrade, it was frustrating having to wait so long for the iPhone 5 to be available to buy or even ship to me! Glad they are catching up for the holiday season.
Waiting for new phones is truly frustrating. Sometimes I want to pull my hair out. (I don't actually pull my hair out though.)

----------

Quote:
I might have read about a hedge fund that went bankrupt in recent weeks because they put all their money into AAPL when it was close to $700.
Do you mean you also might not have read about it?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
Seriously, kind of old yanno?
Did you just say 'yanno'?

I went to school with a Ukrainian kid named Yanno!

My God Jessica has 31,000 posts and this is the first time I have made fun of her! Remarkable.
I need a new phone, One that won't make me sick, One that won't make me crash my car, Or make me feel three feet thick, One that won't hurt my head, One that won't make me nervous,Wondering what to do
RobertMartens is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:56 AM   #69
MacDav
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
Why does this always have to come down to "sticking it to" Samsung? Seriously, kind of old yanno? The SGS3 is a pretty awesome damn phone.
Yeah!!! Samsung kicks butt...wait...Why am I on an Apple rumor site again?

----------

Quote:

----------

Cool!!! Lilo777 is now a Fortune Teller. You should become a wall street analyst.
MacDav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:15 AM   #70
faroZ06
Banned

Quote:
Those who didn't sell at $700/share did
You're right about the buying. Apple's stock has been taking hits from Europe and its lack of iPhone 5 supply. Buying now is still risky because of the whole "fiscal cliff" BS, but it's certainly been hurt by European debt unproportionally and is therefor undervalued.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadua View Post
Why on earth didn't the person who made that graph align the graph colors with the colors of the company logos?
Yeah it keeps throwing me off no matter how many times I look at it. Verizon reminds me of red more than any other company.
faroZ06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:38 AM   #71
andyx3x
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
This is only a good thing. I still see very few iPhone 5s out in the wild (besides my own.) I have to think the demand is there, but people still think it's too hard to get.
I was in Las Vegas two weeks ago and you see tons of iPhones there. I only saw 2 5's the whole week. That surprised me.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger8 View Post
Release the darn factory unlocked model already apple!
If you buy the AT&T full price model at the Apple Store and then restore it in iTunes, it unlocks. That is what I did to use it on T-Mobile.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsg View Post
I'm going to mark this thread as a fail.

I ordered my iPhone online the morning of 13 November, and when I placed my order, estimates (per the store) were 2 - 3 weeks. As I check my order status currently, I show a delivery date of 10 December 2012.

In another note, I went to a local Apple store last weekend to check out the iPad mini, and there was a healthy sized line. I asked what it was all about, and it was for iPhone 5's. Apparently they were expecting a shipment of phone, and people were lined to to get what they could.
I'm not believing this as well.

Last year with the 4S, you couldn't just walk into stores and buy one until January. I don't expect this year with the 5 to be any different.
andyx3x is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:09 AM   #72
wrkactjob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
I can afford one share. But perhaps it's worth to buy it, to get the $2 dividend, which I can buy a banana for.
Or an apple.
wrkactjob is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:32 AM   #73
MonsterRain
macrumors member

I just want to know what happened to the off-contract, unlocked iPhones. It's too much hassle to get a phone with AT&T, sign up for service. Get the phone. Cancel the service. Get them to unlock it. I don't remember the 4 or 4S taking this long to get unlocked, off-contract devices.
MonsterRain is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:42 AM   #74
faizanshakyboy
macrumors member

Quantity might have improved, but has quality? Have they resolved the chipping and scuffing issues?
faizanshakyboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:56 AM   #75
iGrip
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to iGrip Send a message via AIM to iGrip Send a message via MSN to iGrip Send a message via Yahoo to iGrip Send a message via Skype™ to iGrip
Quote:
Originally Posted by faizanshakyboy View Post
Quantity might have improved, but has quality? Have they resolved the chipping and scuffing issues?
Scuff-gate is fiction.

Everybody simply uses a case so that the case built into their iPhone stays pristine. Some cases are very expensive, so people simply put them in a sock to protect the case before they put them in their purse. The socks are cheap enough to simply replace if they get worn, and they keep your expensive iPhone case looking great!

iPhone Socks at Amazon
iGrip is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion